Search for content in message boards

Hodges of Newfoundland from CI?

Hodges of Newfoundland from CI?

E. Genge (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodge, Hodger, Hodges, Hadge
Hullo!

I was wondering if the surname Hodge, or the variations found in Newfoundland (Hodger, Hodges, or Hadge), could be of CI descent? All I really have to work with is some verbal family history which includes the family in Newfoundland:

1 - John Hodge (b. about 1835- d. 1904) m Margaret Gaulton (Daulton?) (about 1842-1920), with children William John (about 1868), Thomas, Margaret, Samual (Samuel?), and Henry.

2 - William John (1868-1931) married Melinda Diamond (b. 1869), with children Lily (Lillian) Beatrice (b. January 31, 1899), Philip and Lena.

3 - Lillian Beatrice Hodge (1899-1978) married Lambert Genge (b. April, 1892), and had five boys, David, Nelson, Anthony, Mark, and Bruce.

We can find no records of Hodge/Hodger/Hodges/Hadge in that parish prior to John but handwritten church records note John Hodge as the "son of William Hodges of the parish of St. Heliers, Jerse, and Maria? Bonnell."

Any help or pointers most gratefully received!

Cheers,
Elaine Genge

Re: Hodges of Newfoundland from CI?

Geoff Genge (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2002 9:24AM GMT
Im probably barking up the wrong tree here but when you can't find info its a case of any port in a storm. My Great grandmother Genge was a Hodder and her brother went some were in Canada and she never heard of him again. Could that be the surname and not Hodges? Cheers.

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 3:14PM GMT
I have been working on the Hodge family tree fro several months now and have alot of information. Please contact me

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 9:57PM GMT
Looking for information on John Hodge who was living on the Great Northern Peninsula. He married Margaret White who was the d/o Thomas White and Eliza Duncan. I have been looking for quite some time and today just happened across your post. I would love to learn more about John. Thanks

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:01PM GMT
Hello, just saw your posting from 2001 regarding John Hodge. To my knowledge he married Margaret White d/o Thomas White and Eliza Duncan. I am looking for any information on him and his family. Thank you.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 11:25AM GMT
Please email me about John Hodge at raymodnghodge@nl.rogers.com

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 5:24PM GMT
Please email me at raymondghodge@nl.rogers.com. I have the FAmily Tree completed.

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 5:24PM GMT
Please email me at raymondghodge@nl.rogers.com. I have the Family Tree completed.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions