Search for content in message boards

Obern

Posted: 18 Jan 2002 8:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2002 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Obern/White
My great grandmother Alice Obern was born in Bermuda in 1874 or 1875, her mother's maiden name was White. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2004 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: OBORN
OBERN – WHITE SURNAMES

19TH CENTURY CHURCH REGISTER OF BERMUDA:-
St. George’s Baptisms:
OBORN, Alice Maud………born, 3,Oct.1873……baptized 7 Jan. 1874 in St. George, Bermuda. Father, George B. Oborn and mother, Laura Ann.

I did not find a marriage of OBORN/WHITE.
Do you know if the mother was a Bermudian?

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 5:49AM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2002 4:09AM GMT
Surnames: Obern/Oborn/White
Thank you so much for the information! From what we were told, Alice Obern's father was in the navy (Brittish?) and her mother was the daughter of the White family, that supposedly owned the White Hotel in Hamilton. We are not sure if she was a Bermudan. I was also wondering if Obern and Oborn are interchangeable. Thanks again for your assistance.
Posted: 24 Jan 2002 6:11PM GMT
Edited: 27 Oct 2004 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: Obern - Oborn
I do not remember there ever being a 'White' hotel in Bermuda. Any other bits of information might help me to assist you.......put on your thinking cap and jot down anything else you can remember. You can contact me directly if you would prefer at (ajcorday@northrock.bm) or continue this way. Good hunting. Judy
PS....I took the name OBORN from the printed book of the church registers of Bermuda. It is possible that the person translating the info from the register to the book copied it incorrectly. I do not have access to the actual birth records. You can contact the Bermuda Archives and request one at a cost.

Re: Obern

Jessie Foster (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 4:03AM GMT
Seeking re-contact with descendants of this family of George Oborn and Laura White, md ca 1866 in Bermuda. I have new information on a brother to George Oborn and am seeking more information on George's military career.
Thank you, J Foster

Re: Obern

judy corday (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2004 2:59PM GMT
Greetings from Bermuda.
I remembered looking up info for the surname OBORN & WHITE before, I dont know if I have a copy of my search results but I will check........the info was for Janet Ganito.
(jganito@yahoo.com)
You may want to contact her. Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions