Search for content in message boards

Looking for info on Thomas Hunter, Nancy Martin

Looking for info on Thomas Hunter, Nancy Martin

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 4:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunter, Martin, Brown
Looking for info on my gg Grandparents, Thomas Hunter, b abt 1814 in Columbia Co., Ga., and Nancy Martin, b abt 1818 in Ga. I have been unable to connect them with their parents families. The last census I found on them was 1870,in Franklin Co., Al. My connection is their son, James Harvey Hunter, m Martha Louise Brown. Can you help me?

Re: Looking for info on Thomas Hunter, Nancy Martin

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:11PM GMT
You didn't mention their race ... Karen

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:24PM GMT
This could be him
1864 Census for Re-Organizing the Georgia Militia about Thomas Hunter
Name: Thomas Hunter
Residence County: Forsyth
Birth Year: abt 1812
Birth Place: Columbia, Georgia

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:46PM GMT
Do you know where and when they died? Their death records MIGHT include their parents' names...

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:50PM GMT
I noticed you do have their death dates in your tree. What are the sources for those?

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 11:02PM GMT
I don't know the absolute date of their deaths, the info is from another tree. The last census I found on them was 1870 in Franklin Co., Al. I have looked at census past that and no evidence of them living with any of the children. I think they came back to Ga. before they died, but have no evidence. I have not been able to connect them to their parents, and that is my major problem. Through yDNA test we have our Thomas'a closest match was the family of Hardy Hunter, b1740, Bertie Co., NC. They both are white. I have hit a brick wall. Thanks, Verna

Posted: 19 Jan 2013 11:04PM GMT
Yes, I have his birth date and location. I don't have hers. I can't connect them to their parents, and that is my problem. They are both white. Thanks, Verna

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Hunter, Martin
Hi, there. Since my last reply I located info on Thomas and Nancys' burial sites and more info on their births and deaths. He was born in 1810 in Columbia Co., Ga., died in 1871 and was buried in Forsyth Co, Ga. She was born in 1820, died in 1878 and also buried in Forsyth, Ga. This info from their grave markers. Hoping this will produce more info on them. Thanks, Verna

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 3:34AM GMT
Classification: Death
Yes, I located their burial locations. They are both buried in Forsyth Co, Ga., Union Hill Cemetery. He died in 1871 and she in 1878. Verna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic