Search for content in message boards

Hans Adam Geisler

Hans Adam Geisler

Posted: 15 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: Geisler, Giesler, Keisler, Kuhny

Researching the family of Hans Adam Geisler b. Germany immigrated on ship "Robert & Alice" in 1738. Obtained land in York Co. 1752. Son Adam Geisler b. bef. 1755 m. Anna Kuhny abt. 1776 migrated to Sullivan Co.,TN 1815. Name found on records - Geisler, Giesler, Giffler, Gessler, Keisler, Keesler, Geesler, Gusler, and Yesler, Yefler. Would like to exchange with others working on any of these names or the above family.
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2002 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: KUHNY
Have you found any other data on your Anna Kuhny in York County, Pennsylvania?

Kuhny/Keeny/Kieny

Posted: 13 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: KUHNY, KEENY, KIENY, GEISLER
Yes, I know more on the family of Anna. Her name spelled Kuny/Kuhny/Keeny/Kieny - has those dots over the 'u' which indicates pronunciation of 'ee' sound. Her father, John Kuny/Kieny,etc. on the tax records in York Co. Also have his original land warrants for 2 parcels of land in Germany Twp. He died in 1790 leaving his farm to his only child, Anna who m. Adam Geisler. After reviewing the tax records for York Co. 1768-1800 I am thinking my Adam Geisler did not belong to the other families of similar spellings in York Co. Very frustrating work separating various spellings of these German surnames. Email me if you would like more on Anna's family.

Re: Hans Adam Geisler - correction

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: Geisler, Giesler, Kuhny
Hans Adam Geisler found as Hans Adam Keisler/Keistler when he rec'd his PA land warrant 1752 in Paradise Twp.,York Co., PA.
Doubtful now if he is parent of Adam Giesler (pronounced Geesler) b. who lived York Co., Manheim Twp. m. Anna Kuhny (pronounced Keeny) who moved to Sullivan Co., TN.
Pam Smith
Dallas, OR
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions