Search for content in message boards

DAR lookup please Overholtzer (Overholser) Huntley Bowden

DAR lookup please Overholtzer (Overholser) Huntley Bowden

Posted: 8 Nov 2006 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Nov 2006 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: Huntley
Hello, I am looking for verification on the following ancestors. Thank you in advance for your time and patience. Thomas Huntley Sr. was a patriot. It is proved by Revolutionary Army accounts at the North Carolina Historical Commission in Raleigh which show that he contributed quite heavily in money and material. He was probably born about 1730, but no Bible record or gravestone has been found to prove the date of birth. Also, Robert Huntley SR, abt 1761-1854 was a soldier in the Revoluntionary War serving as a guard at the Battle of Camdem and was also one of a scouting party sent out to subdue Tories. Thank you again and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Re: DAR lookup please Overholtzer (Overholser) Huntley Bowden

Posted: 8 Nov 2006 6:36PM GMT
Hi Dawn,

I did research your Thomas Huntley Sr. and Robert Huntley SR, and did not find a Patriot Record Copy. This does not mean your Thomas Huntley Sr. served in the Revolutionary War, just no one has submitted an appliacation for Thomas Huntley Sr. service. You would need to provide Thomas Huntley Sr. service to DAR. We can have a DAR Chapter work with you for this information in your area if you need help.

Thanks Wanda, DAR VIS Volunteer

This has been a free lookup service provided by a DAR Volunteers at the DAR messeage board

Re: DAR lookup please Overholtzer (Overholser) Huntley Bowden

Posted: 9 Nov 2006 5:56AM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2006 5:01PM GMT
WOW! That was fast! Thank you! Yes, I would like help if you don't mind because I have no clue what I'm doing. I am in the San Antonio, Tx metroplex area. Bless you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic