Search for content in message boards

EIFORT

EIFORT

Steve Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Lt. Colonel William Henry Eifort, 2nd Kentucky Cavalry (US), was killed in action September 3, 1864, at Triune, Tennessee. He was from Greenup County, the son of Sebastian and Rachel (Jackson) Eifort. I have been unsuccessful in locating where he is buried. Please advise if you have information.

Re: EIFORT

Duane (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2002 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Biggs,Gee,James,Eifort,Davis
I recently found a graveyard with some of my Biggs family in Carter Co. Ky.,not far from Greenup Co. There are also some James',Eifort's,Gee's,Davis',Crank's,and Abrams along with several slaves buried here. I'll have more info on all names and dates when I go to take pics. I dont have a name for the cemetery. It was kinda hard to find. We had to walk through the woods and up a steep hill to get to it, but there had to be a road not to long ago, because a Molly Gee Stamper was buried here in 1965 with a large headstone. No way anyone carried it up there. I'll let you know more later.

Duane

Re: EIFORT

Posted: 1 Oct 2008 10:35PM GMT
I know this is an old post but Just found it. Eifort's, some of them are buried in Scioto County, Ohio, and he is one of them. Hope you find it ok.

My email has changed and is now ruthjan@yahoo.com
Posted: 9 Dec 2012 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Eifort
Lt Col Henry Eifort is buried in Portsmouth, Scoito County, Ohio in Greenlawn cemetery along with his grandparents and his parents and several siblings. There are photos of the plot #14 on findagrave. It was a long time ago that you posted this so you may have already found his burial place.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions