Search for content in message boards

Manitowoc House on old Green Bay rd, Now Hwy 42

Manitowoc House on old Green Bay rd, Now Hwy 42

Posted: 18 Jul 2001 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Feb 2005 2:20AM GMT
Surnames: Bersch
My great grandfather Peter Bersch owned and managed a hotel/tavern on the old Green Bay Rd, now Hwy 42.
I understand the last name on that place was Kraemer's Corners until 1985 when it was torn down to widen the road.
I am looking for any postcards or photographs of that building, if anyone has one to share with my family.
I would be happy with a picture of the old establishment or the last one to occupy the building.

Re: Manitowoc House on old Green Bay rd, Now Hwy 42

Bruce Rautmann (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2001 4:43PM GMT
I am quite familar with the building you have described. I realize the building was just across the county line from Sheboygan County, but a potential source might be the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center in Sheboygan Falls, WI. I believe their site is www.schrc.org. They have tens of thousands of photos and they may be of help.

Secondly, are you researching your family's history as well? I ask because families who lived in the time of your grandparents, etc. frequently married persons living in the area......we may be researching similar persons and could share info.....brucerautmann@hotmail.com

Re: Manitowoc House on old Green Bay rd, Now Hwy 42

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bersch, Eugene
Hi. my g.grandfather was Myron P Bersch (1915-1977) married Millicent Mildred Snortum (1917-2012)....i think his father's name is Peter Bersch (b. 1870 Germany) and mother is Rosa Eugene (b. 1874)....Peter immigrated in 1876 and married Rosa in 1893.

Are we connected?? If we are some help would be wonderful...having a very difficult time finding anything

Thank You
Heather Giese
shortysrus69@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions