Search for content in message boards

Michael Joseph Davey born in 1834 Sligo Ireland

Michael Joseph Davey born in 1834 Sligo Ireland

Posted: 16 Dec 2008 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davey

Michael Joseph Davey emigrated from Sligo/Ireland to Melbourne/Australia in 1855. His parents were Patrick Davey and Margaret Tempy (not 100% of surname), they were farmers.

Would love to hear from anyone if any of this sounds familiar or other Davey's that emigrated to Australia.

Re: Michael Joseph Davey born in 1834 Sligo Ireland

Posted: 10 May 2009 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: Davey, Healy, Cleary
I was just "googling" my brother's name and came up with your request.
My great,great grandfather was Michael Davey from Sligo and he married Eliza Healy in Ballarat on June 3rd 1865. On first look the date on the marriage certificate looks like 1863 BUT it is definitely 1865(I magnified it). His parents were Patrick and Margaret and her parents were James and Mary Cleary. Both families were farmers in Ireland. Not sure of Margaret's maiden name, still trying to work it out.
Don't know much about any of the Irish connections, not easy to find!

Posted: 10 May 2009 6:47AM GMT
Oops, just realised that I put James and Mary Cleary instead of HEALY. Mary's maiden name was Cleary and she married James HEALY. Sorry.

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 10:23PM GMT
Hi Jayne
I hope I have the correct person. You sent me an e-mail regarding some family members you found in the Wonthaggi cemetery. I wasn't able to reply directly to your e-mail for some reason so I have gone this path. If you give me your e-mail address I will reply to you .
Cheers
Vivienne

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 10:55PM GMT
Hi Vivienne,

My home email address is jayne.davey@yahoo.com.au.

Cheers

Jayne

Posted: 17 Jan 2010 11:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davey
Happy New Year,

I was wondering if you have had had any further luck with your Davey Research. I have located a copy of Michael Davey's will in 1906 and have the actual pieces of land he owned in Cresswick area. I am looking at doing a title search to try and find out if it would tell me roughly how long he had lived in the area. I have been unable to locate an immigration arrival date.

Cheers

Jayne Davey

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 4:29AM GMT
Hi Jayne
It's been some time since I contacted you. I am still working on the Davey line for my soon to be Daughter Inlaw. I would be interested in any new info on Michael Davey 1834 Sligo, Ireland. I would love to know what he had in his will that you were able to get. Thanks. My E-Mail is
greame.wood@bigpond.com

Cheers
Vivienne

Re: Michael Davey born in 1834 Sligo Ireland

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 6:48AM GMT

Hi, It has been a long time since I last made contact with you, and I was wondering if you had managed to locate much more info on our Michael Davey. I have been advised that he came from Ballymote in Sligo, although I have no proof of this. I have found his will and a copy of his lands title, wbut neither give more information on his Irish background.

Would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Jayne

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 6:51AM GMT
Hi Vivienne,

I hope you are well.

I have not proceeded much further on Michael Davey. He seems to be eluding me! I have a copy of his will and a copy of his land title, neither give us much information on Irish background.

I will email them shorty to you.

Cheers

Jayne

Re: Michael Davey born in 1834 Sligo Ireland

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 11:12AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2012 12:31PM GMT
I haven't done any family history research for quite awhile BUT Michael Davey married Margaret Feeney (I think that is the name I can make out on their marriage certificate) and on his death certificate it states that he had lived in the State of Victoria for 55 years. I haven't looked for any other information BUT hope to do a bit more in 2012!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions