Search for content in message boards

Hitting a dead end

Hitting a dead end

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Im looking for information on the parents of my grandmother and I think I found their names but cant go any futher than that. Im new to this but I feel Ive searched many records with no real answers. His name is John P. Hill born in Tennessee abt. Oct 1863 and her name is Permelia L. Asher born 1870. I think in Kentucky. Cant seem to find any death Records or anything other than the Census info.
Thanks
Ernie

Re: Hitting a dead end

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 11:09PM GMT
What was your grandmother's name, year she was born, where was she born?

Were there any other children of John and Permeila, beside your grandmother? Do you know their names? about what year they were born?

Do you know about when John P Hill died? and where?

Any of these details might help locate them on census records.

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 11:46PM GMT
Never mind,

I see you found the information you gave from the 1900 census.

All records are not on-line, but there is most certainly a vital death record to be found for someone who died after 1900.

Census records are a good guide to show you where they were living. Google for how to obtain vital record for the last place they were living. Every state is different.

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 1:51AM GMT
Ok thanks I'll try that.

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 2:21AM GMT
Looks like he remarried by the 1910 census and on the 1930 census he lived in Franklin County, Indiana which is about an hour from me :-) I should be able to take a ride out there sometime soon and get the death record. Maybe even locate a living relative.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 5:42AM GMT
That would have been my grandfather. I live here in Franklin County IN
per page

Find a board about a specific topic