Search for content in message boards

Nancy Agnes Fullerton of Bellaghy, Northern Ireland

Nancy Agnes Fullerton of Bellaghy, Northern Ireland

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fullerton, Chesnut/Chesney
Looking for info on my gg-grandmother Nancy Agnes Fulllerton, (Apr. 8, 1847 - Apr. 7, 1927). She married John Milford Chesnut in 1867. Her father's name was Henry. Her mother's may have been Ann (Sawyer?) Family stories say that Nancy's mother may have first been married to a Mr. Bell but we can find no record of that. Tom Bell took 2 of Nancy's sons to New Zealand in 1905. Nancy and John had 13 children, 5 of them came to Wisconsin, 2 to NZ, 2 died young, and 4 remained single on the family homestead at Bellaghy, Co. Derry, N. Ireland. Would like to know if we have the correct name of her mother, Ann and if Ann was every married to a Mr. Bell. Another thought would be that her father Henry was married previously. I'll attach a photo of Nancy. Thanks for any help.
Barb Walker
Attachments:

Re: Nancy Agnes Fullerton of Bellaghy, Northern Ireland

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 5:37AM GMT
Hi Nancy

I am a descendant of the Fullertons from Northern Ireland, Im afraid i have no information on your gg-grandmother, but just wondered if you have found anymore info on her fathers parents? There must be a connection between us somewhere in the Fullerton line. Im interested in any Fullerton information as, you may know, alot of records where destroyed in Ireland.

All the Best
Laura Gill

Posted: 2 Apr 2010 4:46PM GMT
I wish I had some progress to report, but Im afraid that's not true. Had you seen that picture of Nancy before? There is a researcher in Bellaghy, Co. Derry, N.I. who knows the Chesneys, Bells and Fullertons, etc., but he has not come up with any new information for me. I haven't asked him to dig very deeply into the Fullertons because I've been concentrating on the Chesneys, but I can give you his e-mail address in case you'd like him to look around. He's very good at finding records, etc. and I feel that his fees are reasonable. His name is Richard Frew and his e-mail is:
Richard.frew@btinternet.com.

Posted: 1 Jul 2010 9:27PM GMT
I am researching my family tree and would like to find out if there is a connection between the Fullertons of Lisnamuck, Maghera and the Fullertons in Bellaghy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 1 Jul 2010 9:47PM GMT
I'll check with my friendly neighborly genealogist in Bellaghy. He knows so much about the area.

Barb Walker

Posted: 1 Jul 2010 10:49PM GMT
How far is Lisnamuck from Bellaghy? Do you know anything about the Fullerton/Bell connection? Where do you live?

Barb Walker

Posted: 2 Jul 2010 10:52AM GMT
Lisnamuck is a townland situated between Maghera and Draperstown. It is approximately three miles from Maghera and about three and a half miles from Draperstown/Ballinascreen. It is also located about two miles from the village of Tobermore and approximately ten miles from the village of Bellaghy.

I am not aware of a Fullerton/Bell connection.

Regards
Donna

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 5:53PM GMT
I just had a reply from my genealogy guy in N. Ireland regarding whether the Fullertons in the two towns were related. Here's what he says:

There was a Fullerton family in the Killymuck area at the time of the Griffiths Valuation in 1859, however they was Roman Catholic. It they were connected to the Bellaghy lot it would be impossible to prove.

Sorry!

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 8:33PM GMT
Thank you for trying anyway. Some Irish births, marriages and deaths are indexed on the following website if it is anyuse to use.

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/csi/index.html

regards
Donna

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 8:38PM GMT
Thanks, I'll keep that one handy.

Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions