Search for content in message boards

ZEISER / GODFRIED

ZEISER / GODFRIED

Posted: 14 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: ZEISER, GODFRIED
Seeking any information about George ZEISER born ca.1817 in Baden and his wife, Maria GODFRIED, born ca. 1827 (of Alsace-Lorraine). They married by 1852 and went to New York City. THANKS!

Re: ZEISER / GODFRIED

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Zeiser/Ziser
If you get any info, I'll be interested as well. I'm looking for my great-great-grandfather Peter Ziser/Zeiser who married Theresa (possibly Wagner)of Baden around 1842-1844 and came to USA in 1847. My current searches are centered around Emmenginden, Freiburg.

thank you,

Charles (Chuck) Sizer

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 10:57PM GMT
Hmm,
not really what you are looking for - it's just a try !

GREGOR Ziser ("i" spoken like the "ea" in "meat")
married 5-Feb-1852 in Wyhl
Maria FRIEDRICH.
(She was his 2nd wife after the death of his 1st wife Apollonia Friedrich)

He was born 22-Mar-1819 in Wyhl,
she was born 24-Mar-1827 in Sasbach [am Kaiserstuhl].

(Google "Wyhl" and you will see "Sasbach am Kaiserstuhl", abt 3 km SouthWest to Wyhl - next to the frontier to Alsace/France, but always belonging to Baden)

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Zeiser/Ziser/ Zaiser
A very late thank you, for your reply in December. NOT my target person, but could be a relative. Can you tell me where the information for Gregor Ziser can be found? Interestingly, the oldest son of Peter Zeiser/Ziser served in the Union Army during the American Civil War under the name "Zaiser" so it sounds like the same pronunciation as you described.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:49PM GMT
Looking at the passengers on the "Duchess D'Orleans" on 26 Aug 1847:
A. Ziser age 30
Peter Ziser age 2
Simon Ziser age 1
Therese Ziser age 27
http://castlegarden.org/search_02.php?m_ship=&po_port=&a...

On Ancestry there's a genealogy by "yankeesgurl1531" which indicates that this was the family of Anthony/Andrew Zieser/Zeser born 1817 in Wyhl and died 1893 in Tiffin, Ohio. Wife was Theresa Derr and children Simon, Peter, both born in Germany with a number of kids born in Ohio.

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 4:58PM GMT
And, in case you don't already have:
The 1850 Federal Census for Richmond, Philadelphia, PA has, I think, your family under the name "Peater Siser" (1850; Census Place: Richmond, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: M432_820; Page: 234A; Image: 476.)
Peater Siser age 37,born in Germany
Theressa Siser age 28,born in Germany
Charles Siser age 7 born in Germany
Francis Siser age 4,born in Germany
Henry Siser age 3, born in PA
George Siser age 1, born in PA

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 7:22PM GMT
jimkido,
that was the decisive hint.

Attached is the transcription of the marriage record of Andreas Ziser and Theresia Dier (1844 in Wyhl)

see also http://www.landesarchiv-bw.de/plink/?f=5-483619-94
(p.84, midth of left side) for the original record.
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 8:25PM GMT
... and here are the birth records

Andreas Ziser, b. 20-Nov-1817 in Wyhl
http://www.landesarchiv-bw.de/plink/?f=5-483617-50
(p.48, Nr.40 right side, at the bottom)

Theresia Dier, b. 16-Oct-1820 in Wyhl
http://www.landesarchiv-bw.de/plink/?f=5-483617-68
(p.72, Nr.41 right side)

(see attachment)
Attachments:

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 1:40PM GMT
Surnames: Siser/Zeiser/Ziser/Wagner
Thank You to Jimkido and alois! I had tried to bend that Ship Listing to be my Peter, Theresa, Charles and Francis because I have never been able to find them on the Lists. The 1950 Census listing of Paeter Siser in Philadelphia is, in fact, my Great Great Grandfather Peter and My Great Grandfather Francis. I have been stuck at this wall for about 10 years, not finding their ship or town of origin, although I believe the odds are that it is right around the Freiburg area like Wyhl, etc. The timing of that 1847 arrival is perfect for the space between the first two children (born Germany) and the second two (born Philadelphia). A later arrival of the same ship in 1851 had a Leopold Wagner aboard... Theresa's father was a Leopold Wagner. I feel like I'm all over it, but not finding that elusive town in Baden.

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:54PM GMT
Going sideways for a bit, looking at Peter and Theresa's kids, Charles and Frank/Francis, the only additional info is that they were both carpet weavers and Francis/Frank was born in February 1845/6 in Baden. In the Census records, the name is spelled Siser, Sicer, and Sizer. I'm guessing they were Catholic. If weaving was a family business, the Freiburg area, perhaps extending up to Rust might be the place to look. The church records for that area are online, but unindexed.
JIM
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions