Search for content in message boards

HIMES and KAUFMAN

HIMES and KAUFMAN

kathy himes (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Himes, Kaufman
I am looking for decendents of Christian Himes b.1745 & d. 1816 in Paradise Twp, York Co, PA. He had a son John Himes
b.1772. Does anyone know if this John Himes was married to
Elizabeth Kaufman? Thanks

Charles and Christian HIMES

Eric Zurcher (View posts)
Posted: 24 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HIMES
I can't answer your question, but perhaps you could help me. I'm looking for the ancestors of a Peter Himes, who moved from Pennsylvania to Tuscarwas County, Ohio around 1810. He was apparently born a bit before 1775. I have been wondering whether he may have been a son of either Charles or Christian Himes of York County. (Charles apparently married Mary Dierdorff, but I have no information on Christian.) Please let me know whether you know of a son named Peter in either of these families.

John Hymes or Himes b. PA

Posted: 12 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2003 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Himes, Hymes
Searching for John Hymes (or Himes) b. PA (family tradition is that he was German); father of Joseph Perry Hymes (1855-1934 b./d.Appanoose Co IA, lived mostly over the state border in Putnam Co MO). Do you have any information on a John Himes that migrated PA>IA in the late 1840s or early 1850s?
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: HIMES
There is a will for Francis Himes Dec 20,1810 Jan 9,1811
(probate date) in York Co. will records as follows:
Executors: Henry Shultz and Jacob Barnetz. Hanover Twp.
wife:Catharine Children: Catharine,Solome,William,John,George,Elizabeth,wife of Richard Chester,and Samuel

Hymes or Himes, John, b. PA

Edited: 26 Jun 2003 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: Hymes, Himes
Searching for John Hymes (or Himes) b. PA (family tradition is that he was German); father of Joseph Perry Hymes (1855-1934 b./d.Appanoose Co IA, also lived Putnam Co MO). Do you have any information on a John Himes that migrated PA>IA in the late 1840s or early 1850s?

Re: Francis Himes Will

Posted: 11 Jan 2002 5:14PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: HIMES, HEIM, BARNITZ, LANIUS, EYLER,
I happened to find your listing about the Francis Himes Will.
Dec 20, 1810 Jan 9, 1811
Our records show that he died Jan 6, 1811. Hanover Twp York Co. PA. This is my husband's 5th great grandfather
and would like to share Himes information with you. We just found this connection this summer after searching for 22 years. My husband's line is from Francis and Catherine (Christ) Himes son John. Executors: Henry Shultz and Jacob Barnetz, Hanover Twp. Do you know if they were related to Francis Himes? I do know there is a Helen Barnitz
married to George Himes, son of Francis. Barnetz?
i also have Elizabeth b. 8-14-1779 married Richard Chest #1 H and #2Husband Dr. Culbertson.

Please reply to me personally at djhimes@ipa.net as I believe we can help one another.

Dottie and John Himes

Re:Francis Himes Will

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Will
Francis Himes (Heim) is my husbands ancestor.
do you have a copy of his Will? If so could you please send a copy to me at himesd12@gmail.com I thank you in advance
Dottie and John Himes
Corpus Christi, TX
originally from Dayton, Oh where Francis Heim son John Heim /Himes settled years ago. Thanks again

Re:Christian HIMES and KAUFMAN

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:28PM GMT
First I have Christian Himes name as Johann Christian Himes I have that he was born 1731, source Dickinson College, Carlisle PA from one of his descendants Charles Heim/Himes a Science Professor. Do you know the death date of his father Wilhelm Heim b. 1710 born in Mutterstadt, Germany.
My husband is related to these men and I have searched for over 20 years, and would be glad to share what I found. Some one had that Wilhelm Heim died at age 106 which seems wrong ? so I am still looking for the date of this death. Write to me himesd12@gmail.com thanks Dottie & John Himes

Re: Francis Himes Will

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:33PM GMT
my prior post was from djhimes@ipa.net
my 2013 address is himesd12@gmail.com
I would love to have a copy of Francis Heim/Himes Will
Do you also know the death date for his father Wilhelm Heim/Himes. thanks in advance. Dottie and John Himes

Re: HIMES and KAUFMAN

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 9:36PM GMT
I have Johann Christian Himes b. 1731 d 1816
with son John Himes b. 1770 m Elizabeth Kaufman.
Please write to me at himesd12@gmail.com
Dottie and John Himes April 2013
per page

Find a board about a specific topic