Search for content in message boards

Ward and Sons (Swinton) Ltd Bottling Plant

Ward and Sons (Swinton) Ltd Bottling Plant

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 4:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ward, Firth, Curtis, Bell
Hello,

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any connections to the Ward family of Swinton who set up Ward and Sons (Swinton) Ltd. I'm having trouble finding the correct William Ward, founder in 1874, in the census. My greatgrandmother was a Ward from this branch and my grandfather used to manage the bottling plant for most of his life. I have lots of historical photos of the works and staff if anyone would be interested (although they're currently in storage with my uncle)!
Also researching Firth, Curtis and Bell families in the Swinton/Mexborough area.

Jessica Barton

Re: Ward and Sons (Swinton) Ltd Bottling Plant

Posted: 7 Feb 2009 11:53AM GMT
Hi

William Ward, Mineral Water Manufacturer is living at 39 Bridge Street Swinton in 1893 if that is anyhelp.

Regards
WS

Posted: 7 Feb 2009 12:51PM GMT
That's great! Thanks so much. I'll see where it gets me....

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Ward
The Mineral Water and Bottling Industry, Now Ward & Sons (Swinton) Ltd, Market Street, Swinton.
This industry was commenced about 1870 in a very small way by A. & C. Derwent in Crossland Street, which later became the Bala Water Co.
In 1874, William Ward, founder of Ward & Sons, established Mineral Water Works in Market Street.
About 1900 Ward & Sons commenced to bottle ale from the renowned Bass and Worthigton Companies.
In 1935, the firm had the honour of being one of the first bottlers of the Bass and Worthington All Bright Beers.

Have you tried messageboards at wardandrelated.f9.co.uk

Posted: 21 May 2012 1:11PM GMT
Hello Jessica

I was interested in your post as I am a relative of the Ward & Sons family.

My great great grandmother was Ada Firth (nee Ward) and the company belonged to my great great uncles Colin and William Ward. Apparently at some or other all the family worked for the Mineral Water company.

Please contact me if you would like some further details of my connections to the family.

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 8:11PM GMT
Apaprently my great grandfather John jackson helped build this plant. Would you have any information regarding this. I would love to see a picture of the plant. I currently live in Canada so am not able to visit these places easily.

heather jackson

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Ward adn Sons (Swinton)
Hi Heather

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the Ward Bottling Plant just information, albeit brief, from living family members.

My own experiences of geneology is new so at this point I have very little to share.

Thank youf or your interest

D Lynskey

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Ward, Turner, Firth
Jessica,

I am a descendent and have quite a lot of information including some photographs.
Regards

Harvey Ward-Turner

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 1:49PM GMT
Hello,

I have quite a lot of information including photographs spanning a number of decades. How much information do you have?

Regards

Harvey Ward-Turner

Posted: 19 Jun 2013 9:51PM GMT
Surnames: jackson
This is what I posted over a year ago. Apparently my great grandfather John Jackson helped build this plant. Would you have any information regarding this. I would love to see a picture of the plant. I currently live in Canada so am not able to visit these places easily.

heather jackson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions