Search for content in message boards

Nobes of London?

Nobes of London?

Pat Deller-Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Apr 2006 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: NOBES, BATES, GARTON
I am looking for any information on Hilda NOBES who was reputedly born 'within the sound of Bow Bells' but may have been Egham in Surrey.The date I have is 4.11.1894.
She was brought up by someone she referred to as Granny Garton but this may be a courtesy name. Hilda married my Grandfather James Edward BATES and her first child,James Henry,was born on 10th Oct 1912. At some time before this date they moved from the South of England to Hull in Yorkshire. I would be grateful for any information.

Re: Nobes of London?

Donna Curtis (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 9:36PM GMT
Hi
this may help I use to live in Egham the road was Nobles Way
my dad is from the area I recall him saying that i was named after someone called ---------Noble dont know if this is a help but good luck
Donna
I go to Egham quite often they have a good museum which has a lot of council rent books it is worth a visit

Donna Curtis (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2002 9:38PM GMT
sorry not i as in me the ROAD

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 8:28PM GMT
Surnames: Nobes, Bates, Leaper
Hello, I read your message with great interest as my Great Grandmother was Hilda Nobes, she was born in Egham Surrey on the 4th November 1894, she married James Edward Bates in 1911 and had ten children the first being James (Jim), my grandmother was Hilda (Gwen) who married Frederick Leaper. Hilda Nobes death was 25th April 1989. I don't have any more information on her other than this but I hope it helps!

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 7:01AM GMT
Surnames: Nobes, Leaper,Bates,Sharpe
Gwen and Fred were my aunt and uncle. My mum was Nelly Sharpe née Bates. Gwyneth,David,Daphne,Brian and Robert were or are my cousins.We now live in Australia and at the moment are with Glenis and Ron.Glen is Gwen's sister. Hope you get this
per page

Find a board about a specific topic