Search for content in message boards

Benedict Stapleton (b. 1899) /Amy Hilda Drawbridge (b.1902)

Benedict Stapleton (b. 1899) /Amy Hilda Drawbridge (b.1902)

Posted: 2 Sep 2013 7:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stapleton
Hi, I'm looking for information on my family tree. My father Kevin Stapleton (b.1929) had a brother who was approx 10 years older than him. I do not know his name but he died in 1951. I am looking for any information on him, He married Beryl Nellie, I believe he had 4 children.

Re: Benedict Stapleton (b. 1899) /Amy Hilda Drawbridge (b.1902)

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 1:50AM GMT
Found no civil birth for Amy Drawbridge in Ireland. Usually women married about age 20, so an older brother would be possible between 1922-1929.

No Benedict Stapleton in Ireland's 1911 census age 2. Also no surname Stableton in the 1911
census for all of Ireland.

Annette Code

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Stapleton / Mildwater
Hi Annette, Thanks so much for doing that research and replying, you are very kind!! Both Amy Hilda Drawbridge and Benedict Michael Stapleton were born in Oz.
Michael Stapleton (1831-1856) and Mary McEvoy (1832-?) sailed to Australia on the Gloriana in 1855.
I'm actually looking for the children of Benedict (1923-1951) and Beryl Stapleton (Mildwater) (d.2011). There was a big family break up about 60 years ago (before I was born) so I know nothing of my cousins and would like to know more about them.
If you can help me there that would be fantastic!
kind regards
Sharyn

Posted: 10 Oct 2013 2:29PM GMT
If you think these cousins are in Australia you could try the phone book and either write or phone any Stapleton's. There are certainly Stapleton's living in Kilkenny, Ireland about 20 of them. No Mildwater's in Kilkenny or surrounding counties.

Again you can write as the addresses given in the phone book are sufficient for mail delivery.
You might be fortunate to someone interested at least. I understand Facebook is good for
finding those cousins. I don't know any more about Facebook than that. Ask a family member or friends about this.

Other than that, there isn't anything I can do for you. Good luck in your search. You might want to post on a Auzzie message board as well.

Annette

Re: Benedict Stapleton (beryl stapleton (mildwater )

Posted: 26 Apr 2014 10:53AM GMT
Surnames: Stapleton - Mildwater.
Hi, my name is Helen youngest daughter of Ben & Beryl. Yes my father did die in 1951 and mum died a few years ago. If you wish to reply for more information please do so. Helen

Posted: 26 Apr 2014 11:29AM GMT
Hi Helen, my name is Sharyn and I'm the youngest of Kevin and Joan's children. It's so wonderful that you've replied!!!!! I've been trying to trace the other side of the family for many years now and would love to make contact with my cousins to find out what happened in Stapleton family all those years ago. Mum and dad never really told us much anyway. Would it be possible to correspond with you via email instead, rather than using this public forum. Thank you, in anticipation…….Sharyn .

Posted: 26 Apr 2014 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: Stapleton-Mildwater.
Sharon if you can let me know what your email address is will be happy to make contact, as this is the first time I have messaged on this I'm not to thrilled about putting to much out for public viewing. Helen

Posted: 26 Apr 2014 11:51AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions