Search for content in message boards

Elisha DEARING

Elisha DEARING

Posted: 18 Aug 2001 4:21PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Dearing, Denham, Wines, Scrivener, Alcock, Kinslow, McGlocklin, Matthews
Name: Elisha Dearing
Date Written: 23 Apr 1860
Date Probated: 20 June 1870
Son: Burgess Dearing who lives Fleming Co KY
Grandsons: Harvey, Elisha "T" [nickname] - son of Matthew Dearing, decd.
Daughter: Lucinda Denham
Son: William D Dearing
Son: James Dearing
Son: Thomas Dearing
Daughter: Frances Wines (had children)
Slaves: Davide, Sally and Sally's 3 youngest children - Edmund, Sally Belle and Kitty Frances, george, Americas, Ellan, Milly
Executor: James W Scrivener
Witnesses: John Alcock, Allen Kinslow, J J McGlocklin, John Matthews.

Barren Co KY Will Book 4, p. 244

Re: Elisha DEARING

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
I just saw your post today and I'd love to hear from you. Elisha Dearing was my fourth great-grandfather. I'm from Barren County, Kentucky. My great-grandfather, Barkley Hudson Dearing, is the earliest Dearing that I know of from Barren County, but that doesn't mean there weren't others before him.

My mother was a Dearing. She married a Matthews. My brother married into a Denham line.

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 2:24PM GMT
Hi, I'm working on Deering/Dearings for a friend of my mom's. Do you know if the James Dearing who married Elizabeth Hudson connects to Elisha? They named a son Elisha, so I'm assuming they're related somehow. James is not listed in the abstract of the will, but he died in 1845. Please let me know if you can help me with this family. Thanks.

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 4:32PM GMT
I show that Elisha Dearing had a son named James, who married Elizabeth Hudson. i got this information from Roger Dearing in response to my own query on this board. If you'll send me your email address, I'll be happy to forward you copies of the emails Roger Dearing sent me. There may have been 3 of them.

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 4:46PM GMT
Yes, I'd love that! My email is lmrentfro@yahoo.com. I really appreciate it. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions