Search for content in message boards

George & Robert Brown; Admaston

George & Robert Brown; Admaston

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
looking for info on the famileys of George And Robert Brown
homesteaded in Admaston about 1832, belive they were fron Glasgow or Edinborough but have no info on family in Scotland

Re: George & Robert Brown; Admaston (Janet Brown Cardiff)

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 12:20AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:43AM GMT
Hi Eric:
I just found your query re the Brown's in Admaston twp. I too am looking for info on the Brown's from that area. My grgrgrandmother was Janet Brown born in 1829. All I know of her is that her father's name was George,she was from Scotland and that she married Thomas Cardiff. I have a lot of info on her & Thomas's children. Do you have a Janet Brown in your info??
Thanks
Diane

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 4:50AM GMT
Diane
George Janet's father was my GGGrandfathers brother my info showes she had a brother Alexander (older) sister Helen (Yonger)their
homestead was lot 15 concesson 5 (200 acres)
Admaston Township,The story I have is that 3 brothers sailed from scotland in 1830 first winter in montreal 2 brother George and Robert and families moved to Ramsey township
than to Admaston in1832
sorry don't have any more if you want copies let me know I can fax don't have in on disk
EJ

Posted: 25 Jun 2001 9:50PM GMT
Hi Eric:
So glad to finally find out some info on my grgrgrandmother Janet. I would love to get the info you have on her family. My fax number at work is 705-264-5284. Do you want any info on her children after her marriage to Thomas Cardiff? They had a large family. Do you have Janet's mother's name also.
Where do you live? I live in Timmins,Ontario.
Cheers
Diane

Re: George & Robert Brown; Admaston

Glenn Toppings (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 7:01AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Feguson
George Brown (b. Glasgow Nov.19, 1798, d. 1877) is in my line. He is the son of Alexander Brown & Janet Ferguson (m. Jan.1, 1786) who had 8 children (5 boys). I share the same info about 3 bros. coming to Montreal in 1830. George & Robt. came to Renfrew in 1832. I don't know the 3rd brother. I do not have George's wife (Boyd?) or the rest of his family. Want to share info?

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 10:07PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:44AM GMT
Hi Glenn: Great to hear from you. Yes I would love to share info-here is what I have:
Janet Brown was my grgrgrandmother. She was born in 1829 d/o of George (no wife or mother's name given). This is from the book of founding families in Admaston. She married Thomas Cardiff about 1850 in Renfrew Cty. Thomas was born in Ireland in 1811. They had 11 children. So your George line & mine are the same. Mary d/o of Janet & Thomas married Philip Thompson. Do you have the names of the other children? For so long, I could not find any info on Janet. Janet died in 1886 & her husband Thomas died in 1892. They are buried in Admaston Protestant Cemetary. I can't seem to find Janet's father's wife's name. George would be my grgrgrgrandfather.
Great to have some more info on this Brown line. Do you have Janet & Thomas's childrens names? If not I will give you what info I have. Do you have any old pictures?

Be in touch. Thanks
Diane

Glenn Toppings (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:45AM GMT
Hi Diane
My line is from Alexander, Janet's older brother. These Brown's moved to N. Dakota, Drayton area. My g-grandfather A.A. Brown moved to Saskatchewan and then on to Vancouver. I have no Ontario pics (pre-1880's). Do you have a Gedcom program---- I'll send my file.
Glenn

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 11:30PM GMT
Hi Glenn: Do you have the family tree maker program? However, send it ged com and will what happens. Where do you live? I live in TImmins,Ontario.
Do you have Janet's children. The only info on Janet's siblings is their names-Alexander & Helen. I don't know if there were any more.
I look forward to the info.
Will be in touch
Diane

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2001 11:49PM GMT
Hi Glenn: I forgot to mention I have been touch with an Eric Brown who lives in Kamloops,B.C. George, Janet's father, was his gggrandfather's brother. He doesn't have much more info other that the 3 brothers came to Montreal in 1830-Robert & George moving to Admaston twp in 1832. His email address is esbrown@mail.ocis.net if you would like to contact him. I am looking forward to getting your info on the Browns.
Diane

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2001 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2010 12:49AM GMT
Hi Eric: Was wondering if you have had a chance to look up the Brown family info you have. My fax number at work is 705-264-5284. Would appreciate any info you might have. If you are interested, I could send you Janet Brown & Thomas Cardiff's children & their wives-the info that I have.
Hope all is well in B.C.
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions