Search for content in message boards

Need help with Jacobs

Need help with Jacobs

Wanda Alter (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have 8 marriages between Ryea/Royea/Royer (all variations of the same name) and people with the surname Jacobs in Franklin Co., Vermont/Quebec area. Trying to see if there is a connection between the Jacobses. Any help connecting them or with their parentage is much appreciated.

ANNA JACOBS was the first wife of Moses Ryea (1863-1959)of Bakersfield, VT. They married 1890. She died before 1926.

ANTOINE JACOBS & Sophia Royer had two daughters (I believe):
1.) MARY JACOBS b. May 7, 1846 d. 1922; m. Olivier "Levi" Ryea (They were parents of Moses Ryea who married Anna Jacobs.) They lived at Bakersfield, VT but he was b. Quebec.
2.) PHEBE JACOBS b.1853 Franklin, VT d. 1929
m. Levi Ryea (different one)in 1869

FLORENCE JACOBS, b. Dec. 1882 d/o FREDERICK & ELLEN, m. Bert Ryea. They all lived in Berkshire, VT in 1900.

FLORENCE E. JACOBS b. June 1877 m. in 1894 to Henry Ryea, s/o Peter & Mary (Gero) Ryea; they lived at Berkshire, VT. Henry died of TB in 1902, age 25.

GLENNA DELL JACOBS b. January 2, 1885 Berkshire, VT m. Hubert John Ryea at Berkshire in 1902. Hubert was son of Levi & PHEBE JACOBS, above.

Also a stray! LILIA MAY JACOBS m. 1925 to Floyd Young (his g-m was Cordelia Ryea.) Floyd originally from Berkshire, unsure where they lived after marriage. She died 1955

Re: Need help with Jacobs

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 2:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have you had any success with your Jacobs family? I am also researching Jacobs from Canada/Vermont. My great-grandmother was born Elmira (Almira, Mira) Jacobs, father Joseph, mother Mary. She married my G-grandfather, Seneca Page Wilkinson in Righford, Vermont where I believe her family was living, in 1894. Seneca Page was born in Quebec, and lived in Sweetsburg/Cowansville until he died.

I haven't been able to track down a birth record for Mira, either in Quebec, or Vermont, and Joseph Jacobs (or Jacob) is such a common name it has me running in circles.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic