Search for content in message boards

Roberts, Hiett

Roberts, Hiett

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 2:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roberts, Hiett, Jones
3 of my G-G-G-G Grandparents were born in SC and migrated to Kentucky. I only have SC as their birthplace from census records, but I think they may have been from near Greenville because my G-G-G Grandmother was named Greenville Hiett.

I am not sure where are the best places to look for information. Any pointers or tips about good ways to find information for the Greenville area would be greatly appreciated.

Specifically I am trying to find information about the following people who migrated from SC to the Jackson Purchase area of Ky apparently just after the Jackson Purchase:

George Bennett Roberts, b. 8 Jul 1802 in SC
Melissa Roberts, sister to George, b. 1808 in SC
John W. Hiett, b. 1790-1800
Sarah Jones, b. 1813 in SC

I do not know for a fact that the following are my relatives but it would appear they migrated around the same time as my relatives. So there is a decent chance they are related in some way:
Aron Hiett, b. 1787 in SC
Littleberry Hiett, b. 1812 in SC

Any pointers for where to look would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Roberts, Hiett

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 12:27AM GMT
There is a Aaron Hiett buried here in Marshall Co. Ky. he was born around 1787 in Greenville,SC. died in Ky in 1861. My great great grandfather Carter Berry Hiett is buried here in Edwards cemetery in Marshall Co. Ky & I think his father is Littleberry (L.B. Hiett)-- Littleberry Hiett was also from South Carolina around the waters of the Little Brady River in 1813 and died in 1898. Littleberry Hiett is buried in Hiett Cemetery near Dogtown- in Marshall Co. Ky. Carter Berry Hiett is my great great grandfather. I think this is the line of Hietts that your looking for ? You can email me at Ken2kc@yahoo.com

Re: Roberts, Hiett

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: Hiett
Thanks, yes, I believe your line and my line are related. Recently I was looking at a copy of the book "Pioneers of Marshall County, KY: with Edwards, Hiett, Pace, Starks and allied families". That book has a good bit of information on the Marshall County Hiett's with sources.

According to that book both your line and mine trace back to a William Henry Hiett from SC who migrated to KY in 1825. My John Hiett and your Aaron Hiett are both sons of William Henry according to the book.

So thanks for the reply; it is good to be in contact.

My question stands if anyone can help us pick up the Hiett line in SC. I'm not sure what are the best sources of information for the late 1700's for the Greenville area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic