Search for content in message boards

Zellon Stewart - Oklahoma

Zellon Stewart - Oklahoma

Linda Soland (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2005 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stewart
Looking for my grandfather's parents. His name was Zellon A. Stewart and he was born in 1899 supposedly in Oklahoma. I don't have information on the county. Zellon married Lillie M. Fowler who was also born in Oklahoma.

Re: Zellon Stewart - Oklahoma

Mike Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2005 10:47PM GMT
Have you looked at the Social Security Death Index? Also
Zellon military records (reg. for WW 1 in OK).

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 12:17AM GMT
Here's the SSDI information:
Name ZELLON STEWART
Birth 04 Jan 1899
Death Aug 1975
Last Residence 76112 (Fort Worth, Tarrant, TX)
Last Benefit (none specified)
SSN
Issued Pennsylvania

Someone found his WW1 Registration card which was filed on Sept. 12, 1918. At the time he filed the card, he was living in Bochito, Bryan County, OK. He was a farm laborer working for A. D. Marshall. He listed his nearest relative as Andrew J. Stewart who lived in Caney, Atoka County, OK. Their relationship was not shown.

The 1930 Federal Census , Tarrant Co., Texas, city of Fort Worth, ward 16, sheet 98A, pg. 98, enum. date: April 26, 1930, enumerator - William L. Wattam, lines 20-22, house # - none, 839/839, the name Fletcher is noted on the side-name of road:

STEWART, Z. A. Head, M, W, age 31, married, born in OK, father born in Texas, mother born in U.S.

STEWART, Lillie M. wife-head, F.W. age 24, married, born in OK, father born in U.S., mother born in OK

STEWART, Zella M. daughter, F.W. age 6, born in Texas, father born in OK, mother born in OK

And he had another daughter, Wanda Faye Stewart, my mother, who was born July 1934, in Parker County, Texas.

Posted: 19 Jan 2005 10:25PM GMT
Lillie N. Fowler and Zellon A. Stewart were each 1/2 Cherokee.

Posted: 26 Mar 2005 3:59AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, White
My Grandfather was Walter Gordon Stewart, the brother of Zellon. Sorry I didn't find your message sooner. Linda

Posted: 28 Mar 2005 2:49PM GMT
Hi, Linda! I am Zellon Stewart's granddaughter. I am the oldest child of his daughter, Wanda Faye Stewart and her first husband, Donald Ward, Jr. I've been trying to find descendents of our great-grandparents that might know more about the Stewarts and possibly the Wards. I have some information on Zellon's siblings, but very little information on your grandfather. Please contact me off the board at jpserves@cs.com.

Linda

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 8:06PM GMT
By now you've probably found your answer but just in case - Zellon Alfred was the son of Alex Jackson Stewart. Alex Jackson Stewart was the son of Nathan Stewart and his wife, Nancy Strickland. I believe Nathan was the son of Charles Stewart who was in Rusk Co, TX in the 1840's. Contact me at jacknme@ftcnet.net for more details. Cheryl Critchfield
per page

Find a board about a specific topic