Search for content in message boards

Meshnick

Posted: 9 Oct 2004 2:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Oct 2004 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Meshnick, Meshishnick
I hope you're still out there or checking here---I believe I have alot of info for you. My family line is Meshnick, but I have a huge family history and have met Meshishnick's:)

Aileen
Posted: 23 Feb 2008 5:26PM GMT
I am the daughter of Julius Meshnick who was also known as John McGraw. I am searching for answers to my family history and I hope you can help me. Ruth McGraw Workman
Posted: 24 Feb 2008 5:18PM GMT
I'm pretty sure we may be related but I have very little info. to go on. My father was Julius Meshnick born in MN approx. 1899 but changed his name to John McGraw. His father was Barthel (?). Thanks for ANY help. Ruth Workman

Re: Meshnick

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 2:57AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2008 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Meshnick, Mesisnik, Meshishnick
Hi! Yes you are a relative!!! My grandfather was Julius' brother Daniel. His father was Barthel. Email me at farmboymailbox-ancestor@yahoo.com .

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 11:00PM GMT
Looking for any information on Barthel Meshnick and ancestors!
Jinx Meshnick

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 12:42AM GMT
What info do you have? Any idea how you might be related? I do have lots of info....let me know what you are looking for:)

Posted: 27 Oct 2008 3:32PM GMT
Barthel Meshnick would be my husband's grandfather. I know that Barthel's father Blaz Mesisnik was born on 2l Jan 1815in Zg. Laze pri Bledu (near Bled) in the Julian Alps. At that time, the area was part of the Austria-Hungarian Crownland of Krain. He married Elizabeta Zupan 1846 where they had 13 children. Barthel was their youngest child. I have a lot more background information too am looking to add to it?
Jinx Meshnick
Posted: 27 Oct 2008 7:13PM GMT
Barthel Meshnick was also my Grandfather! I have recently learned of my connection to the Meshnick family as my father, Julius Meshnick, left home at an early age and changed his name to John McGraw! I understand that Julius/John was the second oldest of all the children. Your husband and I must be first cousins. Am anxious for your reply.

Ruth McGraw Workman

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 6:16PM GMT
I vaguely remember hearing about a Meshnick changing his name. I'm slowly digging through all the stuff I did precomputer days in the early 80's. I have John Maschisnick (spelled that way on birth record from Stearns Co. Minn) as their first child so far but I will keep digging I'm sure I will find references What was Julius's birth date. Email me.Jinx Meshnick
Posted: 28 Oct 2008 6:57PM GMT
My father always used the birthdate of 5/26/01 or 00 but I "think" that this was the birthdate of the older brother, John. My father and his brother Al both took the name McGraw and went to Montana to start new lives. I do know that my father was born in Minn but to my knowledge there was no actual record of his birth. Both he and "Uncle Al" went by the last name of McGraw. I was told that they chose that name after the famous baseball player of that time, John McGraw! I did not learn of any of this until I was in my 40's and my father/mother were long gone--I am now 63. Any info. you can get for me would be wonderful. Ruth McGraw Workman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions