Search for content in message boards

Marriage information for Anna Lee Scruggs and Orren Hewlett Hunt

Marriage information for Anna Lee Scruggs and Orren Hewlett Hunt

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scruggs Hunt
Does anyone have any information about the wedding date of Anna Scruggs and Orren Hunt in Greenville SC? Or perhaps a copy of their marriage license? They are my grandparents and I would appreciate any information any one might have.

Re: Marriage information for Anna Lee Scruggs and Orren Hewlett Hunt

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 7:05PM GMT
Hi,

if they are the Oren H. & Annie L. Hunt that I find living in Greenville in the 1910 census with daughter Mary L., age 1, then unfortunately they married before the time that South Carolina started recording marriage licenses (it began in 1911; they appear to have married around 1907). If you know what church they belonged to, you might be able to find record of their wedding there; other than that, your best bet is probably other family members - posting your query in a public forum like this one was a good move. We are in the process of indexing the marriage announcements that appeared in the Greenville News, but we're only up to 1902, so even if there was one, we won't have it indexed for quite a while.
If you have any other questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us in the South Carolina Room. Best of luck with your research!

Sincerely,
Cori Dulmage
Librarian, South Carolina Room
Greenville County Library System
cdulmage@greenvillelibrary.org
(864) 242 5000 x2162

Re: Marriage information for Anna Lee Scruggs and Orren Hewlett Hunt

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 7:47PM GMT
Thank you, they are indeed the people you have found. Any family members who might know the date are, unfortunately, deceased. I will try to contact the parish where I think they were married in Greenville. I was aware from conversations with people in Vital Records in Greenville and SC that any information they might have would be in the SC Archives since all marrriages, births,and other information were stored there.

Again, thank you for your prompt reply,
Libby Panetta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions