Michael, THANK YOU!!!!!so very much for your reply. Let me tell you what I have, or at least some of it. Go back one generation.
Cyrus Harris Sr. b.@1786 Stateline, Green Co. Miss. d. @1826 same place. Wife: Nancy Scarber b.@1796 Jamestown,Va. d.@ 1861 stateline,Green Co. Ms. They had seven children.
1. Cyrus Harris Jr. b. Feb.12, 1812, Stateline,Green, Ms.d.-May 29, 1904 Montrose, Jasper Co.,Ms. Married Margaret Elizabeth Sumrall b.may30, 1840 Clark Co.,Ms.
d. 1915 JaspermCo.,Ms. They had eight children.
2. Bird Harris b. 1815 Stateline, Green Co., Ms. d. @ 1865
3. Vilence or(Vincy) Harris b. 1818 Stateline,Green Co., Ms.
4. Jackson Harris b. 1820 Stateline,Green Co.,Ms. d.1835
5. James Harris , b. 1821 Stateline, Ms. d.@ 1861
6. Nancy Harris b. 1822 Stateline, Ms. d.1845
7. Polly Harris b.1822 SStateline, Ms. d.@1865
Now toJr. and Margaret Elizabeth's children.
1. Westbrook Harris b. 1855 Stateline, Ms. She Married Willis Pate, and had 13 children. Their oldest child was my grandfather.
2.Eliza Jane Harris b.1857 Quitman, Clark Co., Ms.
3. Martha Harris b.-1859 Quitman, Clark,Co., Ms.
4.Nancy Griffin Harris, b. 1863 Montrose, Jasper,Ms. d. Feb. 18, 1885.
5. William Cyrus Harris, b. 1864, Montrose, Jasper, Co. Ms. d. may 6, 1940.
6. Margaret Elizabeth Harris, b. 1866, Montrose, Jasper Co. Ms.
7. Marry Virginia Harris, b. April 17, 1868, Montrose, Ms. d. March 1, 1940, Hattiesburg, Forrest Co. Ms. buried- Morriston Cem. Hattiesburg, Forrest, Ms.
8. Pennelope M. Harris, b. May 5,1873, Montrose,Ms. d. 1929.
Hope this helps you some. My E-Mail isMiniMarge1@Aol.com
Please keep in touch. I would like to hear from you. Where do you fit in this family? Do you know if there was Indian blood in this family? I have been told all my life that Westbrook Harris was the daughter of an Indian chief. I have not been able to confirm this but would like to know. There are some wild tales about this family. Do you know any "Tales"? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Again. Marge