Search for content in message boards

David McCombs 1793-1876 Pinson AL

David McCombs 1793-1876 Pinson AL

Posted: 30 Oct 2009 3:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCombs
I found a Census Record stating David McCombs was born AT SEA.

It is the 1900 Census Record for daughter Mary Jane McCombs-Fossett. Mary Jane married Samuel Fossett. I have attached a copy of my information for anyone who wants/needs it.
Attachments:

Re: David McCombs 1793-1876 Pinson AL

Posted: 9 Nov 2009 11:20PM GMT
Hi,
I looked at the census that you noted with David (cen 1900) being shown as born at sea. I noticed that Mary died in 1902 so had no futher reports. Also all her previous census list "SC". Since this is the only census I could find noting born "at sea" I am wondering if this wasnt a census recording error. You will note that the "at sea" recording could have possibly have be the pronunciation of the abreviation of south carolina "SC". Thanks for the heads up on this. I am currently working on David in SC. I have started a McCombs YDNA project on ancestry.com and am trying to collect dna samples of those McComb(s) families located there. Since those McCombs researchers that I know have no info on David beyond himself, my attempt is to try matching some lines still located in that area.
Bill McCombs (wmmccombs1@gmail.com)

Re: David McCombs 1793-1876 Pinson AL

Posted: 1 Dec 2009 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: McCombs
I asked Ancestry about this 'at sea' entry to see if they could offer any information but they could not. Has anyone posted any information about the name of the boat they were on when they came from Ireland and landed in Charleston, SC?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic