Search for content in message boards

Frank Coleman Langston, obituary lookup

Frank Coleman Langston, obituary lookup

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 2:18PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Langston
If anyone is going to be at the Greenville Library and feels like helping me with an obituary, I would appreciate it so much!

Frank Coleman Langston
The Greenville News, May 19, 1960 Page 34
(age 72, Ware Shoals)

I am trying to find the Frank Langston who was the brother of William Langston and uncle to Marvin Langston my great-grandfather. I am also hoping this will lead to Frank and William's parents.

Thanks in advance,
Missy

Re: Frank Coleman Langston, obituary lookup

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Just as an fyi - the Greenville Co Library also has the death certs for this time frame if he died in SC. Have you checked ancestry.com for his parents?

Kelly Jane O'Hara

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 4:52PM GMT
Have you considered James Frank Langston who died in Anderson County, SC June 11, 1941? Pendleton is in Anderson County.

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 3:13AM GMT
Is there a way to search the vital records from a Mac? I see the Greenville library has an index, but it requires a plugin that I don't have... I'm from Orlando, but I'm going to try to take a trip this summer and visit. Hopefully that will give me some time in the library too.

I found William's death certificate on Ancestry, but the image is so very light that I almost can't read it. I believe it says 'not given' for both parents =(

Oh well, the hunt is half the fun!

Missy

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 3:17AM GMT
Yes, thank you! I have made a connection that is also researching that name, but so far it looks like we don't have a match. I actually sent off for that obit last week, before I knew that it might not the right one. He probably fits into my family tree somehow, so it will still be useful info.

Missy

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 2:54PM GMT
I just realized that Ancestry has not updated the web url for Greenville County Library obit index. Below is the current url.

http://www.greenvillelibrary.org/index.php/research/genealog...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic