Search for content in message boards

VOGL-DEISTER

VOGL-DEISTER

Posted: 16 Nov 2002 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jan 2003 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Vogl, Deister, Kuhnl, Hutter, Planer, Diesinger, Radler
I am researching the family of my great-great grandparents from Bohemia Austria. If anyone can verify or add to my findings please contact me. I would also like info on how to research in the Czech Republic areas below. I am a descendant of the 3rd child, Christ Vogl.

MICHAEL VOGL (nothing known)
wife: MARGARETHE DEISTER b. May 2 1819 Boden Bohemia d. Nov. 9 1885 Milwaukee Wisconsin parents: SIMON and MARGARETHA DEISTER

Children of Michael and Margarethe:
1. WENZEL JOHN VOGL wife: MARIA They had 3 girls and 1 boy. They did not migrate to the United States.
2. JOHN VOGL b. Feb 26 1842 Bohemia Austria d. Feb 8 1916 Marathon Co Wisconsin wife: ANNA MARY KUHNL b. Oct 4 1920 Bohemia Austria 1 daughter: Wilhelmina b. Marathon Co WI
3. CHRIST VOGL b. Feb 1852 Bohemia Austria d. 1922 Marathon Co. WI wife: CECILIA HUTTER b. 1855 Bohemia Austria d. Marathon Co 1 daughter: Anna b. abt 1879 Bohemia 4 sons: Andrew, William, John, and Michael b. Marathon Co WI
4. MARGARETH VOGL b. Sept 28 1856 source 1: Kloben Bohemia source 2: Austria Kreiss Egger in the Boheim m. Milwaukee WI husband: MICHAEL PLANER b. Littengrun Bohemia At least 3 children born in Milwaukee WI: Andrew Margaretha and Theresa
5. ANDREAS VOGL b. May 15 1857 Falkenau Bohemia m. Bohemia d. Milwaukee WI wife: MARGARET DIESINGER b. Nov 1, 1853 Falkenau Bohemia 6 children born in WI: Anna, Wencel, Christ, Michael, Andrew, Margaret
6. ROSA THERESIA VOGL b. July 1861 Austria Kreiss Egger m. Milwaukee WI husband: WILLIAM RADLER b. source1: Austria Rezirk Gralitz source2: Austria Kreise Egergen 3 sons born in Milwaukee WI: Willie, Michael Eugene, and Alfred

Re: VOGL-DEISTER

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 3:08PM GMT
Surnames: Vogl Vogel
In case it's helpful to anyone's research, I've indexed some obscure entries found in local German papers for an Andreas Vogl who had a letter held at the post office from Geilsehöring (Jan. 1860). Also entries that match your Margarethe, d. 1885 (published as "Vogel"), but unlikely matches of death notices published for a "Mike Vogl" in 1926. There are over 300 combined Vogl & Vogel entries in the growing index.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ... it's about German-American culture, not data.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 2:35PM GMT
Thank You, Gary. That Andreas Vogl might be my ggrandfather's brother. I will try to follow up on the city of Geilsehoring. Do you know where that is/was? Germany or Bohemia?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 12:56PM GMT
Besides the help you may get from the GBHS, you can plop a town name into a search engine to bring up map locations - in this case, eastern Bavaria?.

Posted: 3 Jul 2014 4:13AM GMT
Hi Gary, I just reread this message from last year. I think the Margarethe Vogel you mention is my gr gr grandmother. Where can I find this article? I have her death cert and have seen her grave at Calvary cemetery but need to tie in her children to be 100% sure of my relation to her. Also, thank you so much for all of your work in compiling this index.

Re: Margarethe Vogel, d. Nov. 1885 in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 3 Jul 2014 8:16PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jul 2014 9:48PM GMT
Surnames: Vogel Vogl
Karen -- The death notice for the Margarethe Vogel I referenced matches the one in your posting and the entry found at the Milwaukee Archdiocese' cemeteries site. Of course, I have no idea if she's your relative. I can tell from my index entry that the family did not include family detail.

By the way, the Michael Planer from your original posting has death notices referencing Margaretha (Vogl) and an obit. that may be either brief or detailed.

You're in the Milwaukee area so have easy access to the outdated printed indexes. If you'd like assistance collecting & translating these clippings contact me directly. I only provide citations with translations.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Still indexing after all these years ... gary.rebholz@yahoo.com

Posted: 3 Jul 2014 9:04PM GMT
Do you know where I can access these old indexes? Oldmilwaukee.net says they are at the Salzmann Library at the St. Francis Semenary. The phone # given is not available. I will go there next week, but thought maybe you could shed some more light on where to find the index. Do they also have the newspapers or maybe the main Milwaukee Library?

Michael Planer married a Margarethe Vogl, daughter of the older Margarethe. I'm disappointed that I probably won't find any family detail. But will explore these newspapers anyway. Thanks for your help.
Karen

Posted: 5 Jul 2014 12:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2014 3:04PM GMT
Hi Karen -- Since you found the GBHS message board, oldMilwaukee.net and another Rootsweb board (based on your posting history) -- all free sites -- you should also be able to master a free browser search and maneuvering around free online library catalogs. There's free access to most of our area libraries too.
The funny thing about "free research" is that somebody always has to pay for it!
Gary Rebholz
Milwaukee WI

P.S. You read the old posting that the full index was temporarily available on a terminal at the Salzmann Library for over a year. I removed it because of recurring damage and attempted thievery by some in our community. Luckily most of the dates when the activity occurred were recorded by my logging program, and the library security system recorded images of who used the library on those days should prosecution be necessary - that's in addition to the IT professional that offered to make changes to my property without my authorization, a substitute worker, and a well-known person in Milwaukee's German cultural community that was nosing around the terminal on a day that I visited the library.

Posted: 6 Jul 2014 12:58AM GMT

Re: VOGL-DEISTER, Boden Bohemia

Posted: 6 Jul 2014 4:48AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions