Search for content in message boards

Peter Christian Baus - Marie Sibillae - St. Mary's Ridge

Peter Christian Baus - Marie Sibillae - St. Mary's Ridge

Helen Gerber (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 3:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Peter Christian Baus b. 1841 in Stommeln, Germany married Marie Sibillae in LaCrosse, WI. A daughter Elizabeth was born in October 1859 while they were living in LaCrosse. Peter was the son of Herman Baus and Elizabeth Nelles who were born in Stommeln and lived and died in St. Mary's Ridge. Herman and Elizabeth had a daughter Marie who supposedly also married a Sibillae.

Re: FLOCK

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 3:36AM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2005 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Nelles, Flock
Helen;
I have a Flock book with Pedegree chart with Nelles,if interested please contact me.
Michelle

Re: Peter Christian Baus - Marie Sibillae - St. Mary's Ridge

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 4:44AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2003 2:28AM GMT
Hello, I have been working on the Baus line off an on for several years. I am interested on Marie Baus, that married a Sibille. If there is anything I might be able to help you with please let me know. William Baus that married Margaret Shotten is my friends line I have been helping. The church didn't seem to have anything on Marie Baus.
Toni

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 3:31AM GMT
Hello,
Are any of the three of you that posted to this message still on your email?
Question: Do you have Marie Baus marrying a Sibilla? I have that her grandma's first name was Sibilla so assumed that her given name at birth included Sibilla. I was wondering if you have any source as to the marriage name being Sabilla. I have no info regarding her marriage. I am descended from Wilhlem Baus, her brother.
Thanks

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 3:40PM GMT
Hello,
I'm sorry I don't have any information about Marie Sibilla, but may be connected through Wihlem (William?) Baus.

I have Guilelmi Baus married to Margarethae (Margaret) Schotten in my line. Would you have any information about Wilhlem/Guilelmi/William Baus -- BMD or other? His daughter Elizabeth was a great-grandfather's wife before her untimely death.

I did not see "Sibilla" (or variations Sabilla, Sebilla, Sobilla, Subilla) in the 1984 Monroe County Heritage Book.

In the Herman Flock family history from the 1984 Monroe County Heritage Book, Herman Flock (b1797) marries Agnes Baus, d of Peter & Agnes Nelles Baus. Agnes Baus Flock did not emigrate to the U.S.; she died in Stommelin, Germany 6 Sept. 1839, according to the Flock family history.

The only other Baus mention in the 1984 Monroe County Heritage Book is that of Hermann Baus, a cousin of Anna Catharina Breitmacher, who married Johann Schreier (1823-1875) -- Johann Schreier arrived in the U.S. Oct. 1856.

Good luck to you. Have you tried writing to the Archives of the Diocese of LaCrosse for church records? I have had some success obtaining church records through the Archives.
I hope that you are able to find something about Marie.

Regards,
Nancy

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Flock/Baus/St Mary's Heritage Book
I have a Christian Baus born aug 12 1841 in Stommeln son of Herman Baus & Elizabeth Nelles. I do not have any other information as far as marriage, but i do have his sister named Maria Sibilla Baus born Aug 14 1836 in Stommeln, she married Peter Christen Oct 26 1858, near LaCrosse Wi, and Bergen Vernon County Wi birthplace possibly 9 children

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 3:58AM GMT
Thank you for your help.
I believe that Elizabeth Baus's parents were William (Wilhelm) Baus & Margarethae Stotten -- Elizabeth was born 1872, St. Mary's Ridge.
If I learn anything more, I will post.
Nancy

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 7:00AM GMT
Thank you thank you thank you!! I appreciate the clarification. I found them and now have a branch filled in. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions