Search for content in message boards

Looking for James Crain of INdiana

Looking for James Crain of INdiana

Posted: 7 Feb 2004 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crain, Beck
Looking for parents of James Crain (father Silas?) whose son John b. 1839 was my gr grandfather. James died before John and his sisters reached maturity. James was possibly a veteran of the Mexican War and died of his injuries. John later married Angeline Beck on 12/27/1860 and their son Charles or Charley was my grandfather and was born in Mace, Indiana near Crawfordsville. Does anyone have any possible clues? Thank you

Re: Looking for James Crain of INdiana

Posted: 8 Feb 2004 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: CRAIN
Crawfordsville, IN borders Fountain county where my CRAIN line was located. I don't show a Silas in my line but I have not followed down all branches either. What I have gathered together is not totally up to date, but you can find info at:

http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?o...

My CRAIN line was in Lancaster Co., PA which later became Dauphin Co., then moved to Warren Co. OH, then to Fountain Co. IN.

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 2:24AM GMT
Hi Terry. It's possible I'm some kind of cousin to you. John and Angeline Crain are in my family tree. I have John's father listed as William J. Crane, who lived in Indiana circa 1850, married to Ann M. Crane. (Note the different spelling.) The J. could stand for James. What I have could very well be wrong. Hope this helps you.

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 1:25PM GMT
According to my recent search for info on William J. Crain/Crane and Ann Mary Shaver, his father was David Crain, this according to the Warren county, Ohio marriage records. I have all of their children thru 1850. After 1850 I follow each child but cannot find Wiliam or Ann Mary. I have not known until now that he may be James, so that may enhance my efforts. I will be happy to share any of my data.

I am not related, my purpose was to make sure this was the Ann Mary Shaver b. Dec 6 1816 in Albany New York. Her family to the Warren/Hamilton county Ohio area circa 1820-1821. One son, John did list his mothers place of birth on the 1880 census as New York.

Please email me with any questions or to exchange data

scottbrockelman@msn.com

Scott

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 2:37PM GMT
Hello:
I had forgotten that i had posted this message and someone else just replied that is not related. I will tell you that he and my cousin Dean Crain have John Crain's father as William J. Crain (or crane) who married Ann Shaver . I will respond to you again when I have more time with more details. How are you related to John & Angeline??

Terry Hammond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic