Search for content in message boards

massachusetts,maine or new england davenports

massachusetts,maine or new england davenports

peggy (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 10:41PM GMT
trying to find out about Alma [ thompson ]Davenport AND any children.she was born 1880 plus and lost her mother either in childbirth or the next year or so.her mother was ET OR TE THOMPSON [ABBOTT].HER FATHER WAS GEORGE W.THOMPSON OF WALTHAM,MA.

maine davenports

peggy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 7:28PM GMT
Peggy, I was in Bath, MA five years ago and came upon the city hall building, which was solid granite and was captioned with the name chiseled: DAVENPORT. I asked a local shopkeeper who said the Davenport family were shipbuilders and had money. I got the impression that the person who donated the building was the last remaining member of the monied family. He wanted to build the building, but wanted the family name in large letters at the top.

Also in Savannah, GA you will find the Isiah Davenport house. He was also a shipbuilder.

I believe it is in the genes. All the men in my family for generations are talented in building, etc.

My grandfather was Joseph Marion Davenport from Andalusia, Alabama. He moved to Florida in the early 20's with my grandmother and children.

Maine

peggy (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2000 7:30PM GMT
Peggy, sorry....it was Maine, not MA.

Massachusetts Davenports

George L. Davenport (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2000 5:45PM GMT
Just replying to your message of Davenports in Massachuetts. I live in wetern Mass. I would like to hear from you. My late cousin Howard Davenport did a lot of research on the Davenport family

Mass Davenports

Diana Scrafano (View posts)
Posted: 24 May 2001 3:26PM GMT
I am searching for an Edgar Davenport who lived in Mass, I believe he moved there from Pennsylvania. If you have any information, please respond. Diana

Re: Massachusetts Davenports

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Aug 2002 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport,THompson ,Abbott
My only DAVENPORT is Arthur Davenport who married my grandaunt Alma Thompson.She was born after 1879 in a close range as her mother,[E.T. or T.E.[Abbott]Thompson wife of George W.Thompson, died while she was a baby.They were storied to have had children, some of who died in an epidemic,and lived in massachusetts.

Re: Massachusetts Davenports

Posted: 18 Jun 2013 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
hey! i just read an old post of yours that mentioned you had information about Davenports from Western Mass? I was trying to find information about a Joshua Davenport & a Jonathan G. Davenport who lived there in the mid 1800's then moved to NYC for a period. I believe they were in Colrain, MA.

Does this sound familiar?

thank you,

Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic