Search for content in message boards

1600'S VA. EVANS'

1600'S VA. EVANS'

CHUCK (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2000 9:29AM GMT
ANYONE ON THIS BOARD RELATED TO ACCOMACK CO, VA OR SMITH IS., MD. EVANS'. NEED INFO ON THE FIRST JOHN EVANS THAT SETTLED SMITH. THANKS, CHUCK

First John Evans

Posted: 23 Jan 2000 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 6:47PM GMT
Hey Chuck, You and I have corresponded. Jane gave me two lines which merge: John Evans b c. 1660 John Evans b.c. 1690 m. Arabella Turnball 1695- . They had 2 sons. One married Hannah Mister, b.c.1724. She was Marmaduke Mister's sister and the daughter of William Mister 1690-c. 1740 and Patience Harris. (Patience's father was Jeremiah Harris.) The other son of John and Arabella Evans was Nathan Evans c. 1734-1782 who m. Rachel ??. Nathan and Rachel had a daughter, Keziah Evans 1762-1794 who m. Richard Evans 1753-1828. Keziah and Richard Evans' daughter Keziah c. 1782-1841 m.2 July 1805 Severn Mister, son of Marmaduke Mister, the pirate, 1736-1798 and his second wife, Sarah. Now, back to the line of Richard Evans 1753-1828. His parents were Richard Evans 1715- and Judah c. 1738-1804; his grandparents were Elizabeth Ewell c. 1665- and John Evans 1660-1721; his great grandparents were James Ewell 1640-1703 and Anne c. 1640- . And his great great grandparents, both born in England, were Edward Ewell c. 1620 and Anne Eden. It just struck me that the John Evans b.c. 1660 father of Richard b. 1715 and husband of Elizabeth Ewell c. 1665 may be the same John Evans c.1660 who was the father of the John Evans c. 1690- who married Arabella Turnball 1696- . One other thing. Marmaduke's sister, Hannah Mister c. 1724- m. John Evans 1720-1803. Have fun untangling all this! Joan

Col. John Evans, Virginia

Mark A. English (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2000 9:01AM GMT
I also have a John Evans in my family.
His ancestors come from Wales.
Born in 1738, Fairfax County, Virginia.
Fought in U.S. Revolution.

John Evans of Smith Island 1780

Debbie Kulibert (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 1:20PM GMT
I am a descendant of John Evans of Smith Island. I have been sent info from Smith Island regarding John Evans son of Francis and Polly Parks Evans. If you are still interested you can reply and I'll give you more information.
Sincerely
Debbie

evans on smith island, md.

chuck evans (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2000 2:38PM GMT
i'm also related to that john and the other johns going back to the island settlement in about 1685. i have my evans line well documented. you are probably related to tylers, crocketts, bradshaws,etc. correct. and me.......thanks, chuck gnlo@iastate.edu

Evans on Smith Island

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 7:47AM GMT
Hi Chuck,
Thank you for your reply. Have you ever visited Smith Island? I have. It's a time like know other. They are wonderful people there. My grandmother Elsie Louise (Evans) Ford, b. 1906. Her father was Alex W. Evans.
Son of Benjamin. His father was John Evans son of Francis. John Evans b. 1780. I can't seem to find John's father. I think that would close my link to 1690. John and Elizabeth. They had 10 children. I would love to correspond about our families history. All the information I have received was from Janet Evans Tyler of Smith Island. She has been wonderful about getting the information I need to due my family tree. Thank you again for your reply.
Sincerely Debbie

smith is. evans'

chuck evans (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2000 7:59AM GMT
debbie k. send me your e-mail address. i'll help you fill in the blanks. yes, i have been to smith is. and am related one way or another to most people living there. as you no doubt are also.....pl;ease respond directly to gnlo@iastate.edu chuck evans

Evans, Smith Island

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 9:34AM GMT
I sent a message to your EMail address but I don't think it went threw. So until my daughter, Jillian comes home from school I only know how to write you from this Online Community. There are some great little stories to share of the Island's History.
Hope you get this message.
Sincerely
Debbie

smith is. evans'

chuck evans (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2000 9:52AM GMT
debbie, i have written approx. 50 pages of family history related stories. there are several books that have helped in my research. have you checked the GHOTES web site? a lot of our family related info. there. go there and then check the name evans in their MILES FILES. try my e-mail again gnlo@iastate.edu

Evans , Smith Island

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 10:18AM GMT
I have read a book by Francis Dize, Smith Island. I hope I can have a copy of your hard work on our family. I think it's wonderful that you wanted to know your roots as I do. Hope we can meet someday. Maybe a Reunion on the Island?
P.S. I'm sending from here incase you don't receive my EMail again. Thanks

Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic