Search for content in message boards

Evergreen Cemetery Camden, NJ

Evergreen Cemetery Camden, NJ

Posted: 27 Jan 2008 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jubb
Hello out there!
I am wondering if anyone may know who (if anyone) might be the caretaker for Evergreen Cemetery or who may hold a listing for those buried in Evergreen. An obituary for Edward Jubb states this was were he was to be buried and I'd like to know if there were other family members in the same cemetery. I understand it was in poor condition a few years ago as well as being in bankruptsy.

Re: Evergreen Cemetery Camden, NJ

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 5:18PM GMT
I found records for my family members who are buried in Evergreen Cemetery at the Camden County Historical Society.

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 5:32PM GMT
I live in California and not able to access the Camden County Historical Society. I am retired and unable to afford their fees I understand the records for Evergreen Cemetery are in the hands of Harleigh Cemetery. I am just trying to help my cousin in searching her Jubb/Gubb family line.
Thanks for your post

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 4:55PM GMT
I recently began my search and have numerous ancestors at Evergreen. I visited the cemetery back in January and the homeless people could see I was looking for graves and did not bother me but one did say good morning. I would recommend that women not go alone. It is true that Harleigh cememtery does have the records and when I have a few names I call them and ask what section and lot they are buried and who is buried with them. So if you have a name and a date, they will look it up. Now I was just at the Camden County Historical Society for the first time a few weeks ago and I didn't know they have records as well (although I did see a map of the cemetery on the wall, I didn't hink to ask about it-darn!)

I probably will be going to the Historical society again if you want to send me the info to look up?

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 9:09PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2010 9:26AM GMT
Surnames: Jubb
I have an Edward Jubb born abt. 1865 who died either the 9th or 10th of May 1894 and was buried in Evergreen Cemetery. I would appreciate finding where in Evergreen and information on other's buried by the same name.
Thank you
Marie

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 12:25AM GMT
I am glad you gave me the date of his death, there was no family that owns a plot with his name. But by looking up the date in the date book I found him. He was buried on 5/13/1894 permit 9663. He resided at at 1038 Linden St, age 34 and death was by accident. He is buried in L-42 which is owned by W. A. Manning purchased 8/19/1891. Buried with him are: Lydia Walsin age 16 -1/13/1891; Mary E. Manning age 66 - 8/20/1891; Benjamin Manning age 75 - 1/13/1897; William A. Manning age 61 - 5/12/1912 and either Clara or Leora Ryan age 47 - 9/7/1916.
- Dave

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 6:38AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: WENTEGRIFT
Do you ever go to the Camden County Historical Society to look up interments at Evergreen Cemetery? I am looking for Arabella Wentegrift d. 7 Feb 1889. I am looking for her family: John (husband), or children: Garren's or Mottersheads.
I'd appreciate any help you may be able to give me. :) THANKS, Cindy in Tennessee

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 11:37PM GMT
When I was looking for the Freitag Graves in Evergreen Cemetery in Camden NJ. The Harliegh Cemetery had all the records from evergreen, and they were so helpful with their backhoe uncovering the names on our family plots. I found most of my maternal grandparents. they were so wonderful and helpful to us. I would advise you to contact Harleigh cemetery. they can help you. they have an office you can find your information from them.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 6:10PM GMT
Cindy,
I had read that Harleigh Cemetery hold the information on Evergreen Cemetery.
Harleigh Cemetery
1640 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08103
phone# 856-963-3500
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions