Search for content in message boards

Ross Family

Ross Family

Richard O'Connor (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Johnston, Dench, Ross, Reeves
William Ross B-Sept,25,1818 Married Jane or Jean Johnston on April 6 1838. Buried in Port Rowan, Ontario July 21,1895
Children are:
Charles Ross B-June 06,1838 D-May 06,1879 Port Rowan
Christina Ross B-March 26, 1840
Barb Ross B-July 23, 1842
Jeana Ross B-Aug 01, 1844
Catherine Ross B- Feb 06,1847
Williamina Ross B-May 16,1849
Robert Ross B-May 22, 1852
Isabella Ross B-Jan 03, 1854
James Ross B-May 24,1856
William Ross B-Oct 28, 1858

William Ross is my 3rd great grandfather. As far as I know all of the above are buried in Norfolk County. Charles Ross married Amelia Dench on June 13,1862. Charles is my 2nd great grandfather. Barb Ross married James Spain but I don't know when.
Charles Ross had a son named John William Ross who was born in Port Rowan on March 24, 1863 and is my great grandfather. John moved to Harrisville, Michigan and had three children and passed away March 15,1915.
Fredrick Adams B-Oct 29,1840 Chatham, Ontario Married Elizabeth S. Reeves B-Aug 22,1837 on Jan 12, 1862 at the Regular Baptist Church in Vittoria, Canada. If you have anymore information I would like to hear from you.

Francis Ross

connie (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ross
Hi:
I am wondering if you know of a man by the name of Francis Ross who married a Susannah Decou. They were both from Norfolk Ontario and later moved to Iowa.

I have a website if you would like to check the dates for me.

http://www.angelfire.com/az/MarrHollow/MyHomePage.html

Let me know if you come up with anything. Love to hear from people.

Connie

Re: Ross Family

Tess (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: Ross, Davis,
The name William Ross caught my eye - I am also researching the Ross family.
Your great grandfather may be my great grandfather's brother.

My great grandfather was Richard Ross who was from Wales He was one of 16 children, who one of the brothers is listed as Will. Their parents are John and Sarah Davis Ross.

THis is all I know.
Please let me know if this is a connection?!
Tess Christesswilliams@msn.com

Re: Francis Ross

Posted: 28 Jul 2010 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Ross
Connie,
Francis Ross was a brother of my 3x great grandfather. I am know that quite awhile has passed since you posted this, but Francis Ross and Susanna DeCou had 9 children including Catharine Nancy Ross. I have much more information, and I would be glad to share this with you.

Leanne

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 2:53PM GMT
Hi Leanne,
I have a Francis Ross in my tree, married to Susannah Decou. They had a daughter Sarah who is also in my family. Francis was 'born at sea' in 1819 and died in Rock Island, IL. I would love additional information if this is the same Francis Ross you have in your tree. Thanks, Eileen

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:44PM GMT
I am related to Francis A Ross and Susannah Decow from Canada if you have any informations about them I would appreciate it.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 1:48PM GMT
Leanne,

I would appreciate any information that you have on Francis A. Ross and Susannah Decow or Decou I have a family bible with the list of childrens names and births and Susannah's last name was spelled Decow so I don't know which spelling is right but I don't really have any other info on them but births and deaths. So any info you can give me would be helpful.

Deb

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 12:17PM GMT
Hi,

I have more information concerning your Reeves - Adams connection. Elizabeth Sophia Reeves Adams was a daughter of Joseph and Sophia (Woodward) Reeves. I am also a descendant of the Woodward family of St. Williams.

Reeves, Elizabeth Sophia (daughter of Joseph and Sophia (Woodward) Reeves), born at Broadtown, Wiltshire Co., England on 29 Aug 1837, baptized at the Primitive Methodist Church, Brinkworth, Wiltshire. She married at Vittoria on 12 Jan 1862,2 Frederick Adams (son of George and Elizabeth Adams), born at Chatham, Ontario on 29 Oct 1840.

Elizabeth and Frederick Adams were in the 1871 Census of Charlotteville Township then found in the 1880 Census of Greenbush, Alcona Co., Michigan.

They had an infant buried in Newkirk Cemetery: Elizabeth Sophia Adams, born on 29 Mar 1869, died on 18 Apr 1869. She was buried in Newkirk Cemetery, St. Williams, Walsingham Twp.

Happy Hunting,

Robert Mutrie

http://sites.google.com/site/longpointsettlers

Posted: 7 May 2013 1:03PM GMT
Leanne, I would love to have any additional information on this family and would appreciate your sharing this since Francis and Susanna are my ggg grandparents. Thanks! Eileen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions