Search for content in message boards

HORNE, Duncan, b. 1836 Nova Scotia, married Maria Elizabeth Lade

HORNE, Duncan, b. 1836 Nova Scotia, married Maria Elizabeth Lade

Sally Tigert (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 7:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HORNE, LADE
This couple had 7 children: Matilda, T. Vincent, Mary Maria, Stephen (died young), Jessie, Duncan Manning, and James T. Looking for any information on this family.

Re: HORNE, Duncan, b. 1836 Nova Scotia, married Maria Elizabeth Lade

Posted: 31 May 2008 1:36AM GMT
Hello, My husband is gr gr grandson of Matilda Jane Horne who married Robert Henry Green and moved out to British Columbia. We are trying to discover the parents of Matilda Jane's father Duncan MacKenzie Horne and wonder if you had any information on that. I have one or two theories...
Best regards, Jill G jillg@eastlink.ca

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 2:28PM GMT
I just saw your message on here. What kind of information are you looking for? I am a great great great granddaughter to Duncan and Elizabeth.

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 2:34PM GMT
Hi there, I am a great great granddaughter to Matilda and Robert. Duncans mother is possibly Jannett, born about 1807. I am also having trouble finding info on him and his wife maria elizabeth lade. If you would like to share any info feel free. I have quite an extensive family tree and may be able to help fill in some gaps.

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 5:26PM GMT
mY MAIDEN NAME IS LADE.MY FATHER WAS GORDON fRASER LADE AND HIS FATHER WAS STEPHEN LADE AND HIS WIFE WAS NAMED BEATRICE FRASER-LADE.WE ARE NOT SURE WHO STEPHENS MOTHER WAS BUT HIS ADOPTED FATHER WAS JAMES LADE.WE BELIEVE MATILDA WAS STEPHEN LADE MOTHER OR AUNTAND JAMES LADE ADOPTED HIM.HER MAIDEN NAME WAS MORRISON AND HE WAS BROUGHT INTO THIS MARRIAGE.STEPHENS FIRST WIFE DIED.

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 12:14AM GMT
Thank you so kindly for your family information! You and my husband would be semi-related. James Bradley Lade (1846-1920) was youngest brother of my husband's gr gr grandmother Elizabeth Maria Lade ((1840-1908). They also had sisters Catherine Ann Lade (b.1836), and Margaret Hughes Lade (b.1845) and another brother Michael Frank Lade (1844-1924). Elizabeth emigrated to Minnesota where she lived for ten years, then on to Bowen Island in British Columbia where she died in 1908 and is buried. (My husband was born in British Columbia.) Michael died in Washington State. Their parents were Vincent Lade, a shoemaker in Hants County (1803-1869) and Mary H. Bond (b. 1813). My information is that James had 9 children with his first wife, Mary Ann Davis, who died, then he married Matilda Ann Morrison from New Brunswick, who had a young son Stephen Burton Lade (1896-1942). James' sister Elizabeth married Duncan MacKenzie Horne in 1865. We have one picture of Duncan but none of Elizabeth. I don't suppose you would have old photos of James or his family??? I have listed most of this family tree on Ancestry.ca.

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 12:14AM GMT
Thank you so kindly for your family information! You and my husband would be semi-related. James Bradley Lade (1846-1920) was youngest brother of my husband's gr gr grandmother Elizabeth Maria Lade ((1840-1908). They also had sisters Catherine Ann Lade (b.1836), and Margaret Hughes Lade (b.1845) and another brother Michael Frank Lade (1844-1924). Elizabeth emigrated to Minnesota where she lived for ten years, then on to Bowen Island in British Columbia where she died in 1908 and is buried. (My husband was born in British Columbia.) Michael died in Washington State. Their parents were Vincent Lade, a shoemaker in Hants County (1803-1869) and Mary H. Bond (b. 1813). My information is that James had 9 children with his first wife, Mary Ann Davis, who died, then he married Matilda Ann Morrison from New Brunswick, who had a young son Stephen Burton Lade (1896-1942). James' sister Elizabeth married Duncan MacKenzie Horne in 1865. We have one picture of Duncan but none of Elizabeth. I don't suppose you would have old photos of James or his family??? I have listed most of this family tree on Ancestry.ca.

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 2:44AM GMT
Thanks so much for your reply. I received another post from someone with the following information. Hopefully this will be of use to you.

James Bradley Lade (1846-1920) was youngest brother of my husband's gr gr grandmother Elizabeth Maria Lade ((1840-1908). They also had sisters Catherine Ann Lade (b.1836), and Margaret Hughes Lade (b.1845) and another brother Michael Frank Lade (1844-1924). Elizabeth emigrated to Minnesota where she lived for ten years, then on to Bowen Island in British Columbia where she died in 1908 and is buried. (My husband was born in British Columbia.) Michael died in Washington State. Their parents were Vincent Lade, a shoemaker in Hants County (1803-1869) and Mary H. Bond (b. 1813). My information is that James had 9 children with his first wife, Mary Ann Davis, who died, then he married Matilda Ann Morrison from New Brunswick, who had a young son Stephen Burton Lade (1896-1942). James' sister Elizabeth married Duncan MacKenzie Horne in 1865. We have one picture of Duncan but none of Elizabeth. I don't suppose you would have old photos of James or his family??? I have listed most of this family tree on Ancestry.ca.

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 12:17PM GMT
I am going to get back to you as I am sure we have pics of Jame B.Can you give me an e-mail address that I could mail it or a home address.We are going to Harmony NS this summer as this is the province I live in and where Lade's are buried.This Stephen Burton Lade was adopted as an older child and he knew his surname was Morrison-I am not convinced that Matilda his Mom as she was from a large large family and did not marry James Lade til she was 50.The census show her living at home with her Mom til she married atd brought Stephen with her-I know Matilda had a brother who had a large family when he lost his wife and left with all those kids.He was a woodsman and I always wondered did the grandmother and spinster aunt help out by taking Stephen .Just a quess not fact.Matilda listed as Stephen Morrison's mother but she would have been 42 and a spinster? Nice to here from you and I will make you pictures if you can give me an addrees e-mailor Street.I live in Halifax,NS

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 1:22PM GMT
Thank you so much! We too live in NS - Queens County. I don't like to publish my email address on such a public site, but if you phone me today or tomorrow at 350-2444 I will gladly give you my email address that way. I am happy to send you too, anything that may be of interest to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions