Search for content in message boards

Davis in tippah co mississippi

Davis in tippah co mississippi

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 4:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Sep 2003 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Hi I am looking for a william davis who lived in tippah co ms all i can tell you is that he had a son named joseph alexander bd 10-27-1881 and the family moved to tennessee i think dyersburg. I am stuck trying to find william davis. Please contact me if you have any similar people thanks Tammy

Re: Davis in tippah co mississippi

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 12:22AM GMT
I'm afraid I don't have an answer, just interesting possibilities. My gg-grandfather was Nathan E. Davis, living in Tippah in 1850 with his family. Nathan had a brother William, so it is a possible family name. The part that grabbed my attention was the move to Dyersburg, TN. In 1851, Nathan died. His younger children moved to Dyer Co., TN to live with relatives. Dyersburg is the county seat of Dyer. No hard facts, just interesting information.

Miller Taylor

Posted: 6 Mar 2002 5:36AM GMT
Edited: 28 Sep 2003 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: davis
Thanks miller , joseph alexander was my williams son and he was born on 10-27-1881 william was from walnut mississippi i have been told. Joseph alexander his son came to dyersburg , tenn and is buried there at hurricane hill with his wife jessie melinda ray. he died jul27, 1956. Does any of this still sound familiar ? Tammy

melinda (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 4:35AM GMT
I have not verified this but the Nathan Davis on the 1850 Tippah CO.,MS. census is living 7 dwellings down from Benjamin and Elizabeth Wofford. Supposedly, Elizabeth Pate married a Daniel Davis and had children, one being Nathan.
Elizabeth married again to Michael Coyle and had three more children, one being Stephen Coyle in 1850 Carroll CO.,MS.
I have only seen this info a couple of times and it was hard to find but one reason I believe it is plausible is because on the 1850 Carroll CO.,MS. census, Stephen Coyle lived next door to David Davis(VA.) and Davis was buried in the Michie cemetery next to Stephen and Elizabeth Michie Coyle.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 7:26PM GMT
My grandmother has a sister who married JOseph Alexander Daavis and I believe he had a son, prior to this marriage,and I i know his name was William. Sue Byars walker
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions