Search for content in message boards

Frank Lewellyn in Philadelphia, PA

Frank Lewellyn in Philadelphia, PA

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lewellyn
I'm looking for ancestors of my cousin Frank Lewellyn who lived in Philadelphia. He died several years ago. He was a city police officer for many years ( about 1957-1970).

Thank you.

Re: Frank Lewellyn in Philadelphia, PA

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Llewelyn
My ancestors usually spelled it Llewelyn and came over just before William Penn, settling in an are called the Welsh Tract where they hoped to be able to preserve their language and customs. as well as practice their Quaker religion without persecution. Parts of the Welsh Tract are in the area of the Mail Line. His name was Morris Llewelyn. I am interested in a descendant, Hannah R. Llewelyn, born 1836, lived all her life in the family home in Lower Merion Township outside Philadelphia. I do not have her death date. She was my great-grandmother's older sister, so my great-great aunt?

Did your Frank have anything to do with this family?

Eleanor

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: Llewelyn
My ancestors usually spelled it Llewelyn and came over just before William Penn, settling in an area called the Welsh Tract where they hoped to be able to preserve their language and customs. as well as to practice their Quaker religion without fear of persecution. Parts of theWelsh Tract are in the area of the Mail Line. His name was Morris Llewelyn. I am interested in a descendant, Hannah R. Llewelyn, born 1836, who never married and lived all her life in the family home in Lower Merion Township. I do not have her death date. She was my great-grandmother's older sister, so my great-great aunt?

Did your Frank have anything to do with this family?

Eleanor

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Llewellyn
I have no idea as I know nothing about his ancestors.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions