Search for content in message boards

Meeker family from Ohio area

Meeker family from Ohio area

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 1:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Meeker
Need help. Aaron Burr 1847-1899, His father Aaron & Mary Strode? 1700's then on other members it says Jacob and Elizabeth 1700's. My family book says Jacob Redding and Phoebe Snow with Natahan Cook, Ezra, Oliver and Aaron. But the dates go back into the 1800's. My family has also said Nathan and Ezra was our line and we even have a old chair at the Meeker musem in Colorado. Can someone set me on the right path.

Re: Meeker family from Ohio area

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 12:36PM GMT
I am from the Meeker line and know about Nathan (Ohio) and Ezra. They both come from a line of Meekers arriving in Mass. Bay Colony around 1630. 1st Meeker's name was William (Goodman) Meeker. Reply if you want more info...

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 2:10PM GMT
I have been trying to trace which Meeker line my husband Robert James Meeker (b.16 June 1934 Chicago)is from. Father Theodore Charles Meeker (Chicago) and his father Charles Paul Meeker who was at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.

Please reply to email meek@candw.ag with any information.
Thanks.

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 12:34AM GMT
I see quite a bit of info about Theodore Charles Meeker and Charles Paul Meeker on Ancestry.

Chicago Birth record: Theo Chas born 29 March 1903 Chicago, parents Charles Paul Meeker, mother Amy

Illinois Death Index: Charles Paul Meeker died 15 May 1940, Chicago. Born 28 April 1871, Philadelphia, PA father: Daniel Meeker.

You will find Charles with his father Daniel in 1880 census in Philadelphia.

Do you already have this information? Or is there some particular problem you are having tracing this family?

Sharon Meeker

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 9:35AM GMT
Surnames: Meeker
I'not sure if I can help you. Here's what I know. My grandmother was Orma Meeker from Iowa and she descends from the William Meeker line that arrived is Massachusetts Bay colony around 1639. He had a son Joseph b.in New Haven Conn. Joseph was in the American Revolution, b.1648 Now get this.Both the following were born in Essex Co. N.J. Joseph's son _____Robert!in1685!____ then Robert's son James!(not sure of year) But with those names, I would think there's be some connection! Happy Hunting!..... Vicki

Posted: 27 May 2012 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Meeker, Crothers,
Daniel Meeker married to Virginia Crothers, father of John F Meeker, father of Thrygve Meeker, father of Maurice Meeker who is my father. Daniel's death certificate from Philadelphia dated Apr 13, 1915 states his father's name was Zeaku?. I have not had any success with my somewhat limited resources to figure out if this was a nickname or what. If you would be interested in seeing my family tree and all the records including census' images that I have let me know. Virginia and Daniel had 7 children that I know of. Daniel and Virginia lived with her family for a bit when they were first married and Daniel served in the civil war. He had grey eyes according to the military documents I found. I would love to find his parents.
Attachments:

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 9:41PM GMT
Surnames: MEEKER
I am trying to connect a Henry hall (M) Esther MEEKER. She was born about 1815.
2. Do you have a Michael Meeker NJ (m) Margaret Harris KY both living in Reily, Butler, Ohio? DK

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 5:14PM GMT
My Grandparents last name was Meeker. Charles Paul Meeker out of Butler County, Ohio, his wife was Katherine. I dont know if this could be of any help, but if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 3:44AM GMT
I WOULD LIKE MORE INFO ON THIS LINE.
COMING FROM MOST RECENT.
MICHAEL MEEKER + MARGARET HARRIS DAUGHTER ESTHER MEEKER MARRIES HENRY HALL. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHO MICHAEL'S FATHER IS, POSSIBLY NATHANIEL ?
TODAY, I HAVE READ A GREAT DEAL ON THE MEEKER FAMILY ORIGINATING FROM WILLIAM AND ROBERT FROM ENGLAND. NOW, I NEED TO FILL IN THE MIDDLE IF THERE IS A LINK. THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU MIGHT HAVE.
DIANN

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Meeker Crothers
Father: Daniel Meeker (15 Mar 1832-13 Apr 1915)Phila,PA
Mother: Virginia Crothers (1849- ?) Phila, PA
Children:
Mary Meeker (1869-1957)
Charles Paul Meeker (28 Apr 1871-15 May 1940)*
John File Meeker (8 Dec 1874- 14 Jul 1962)
Emma Virginia Meeker (1877- 2 Sep 1879)
Edwin Meeker (1880-1942)
Henry Holmes Meeker (1882- 30 Apr 1886)
Jennie Meeker (1887-1933)
*Father: Charles Paul Meeker (1874-1962)b-Phila d-chicago
Mother: Amy M Drew (1871-1967) England
Married; Sept 1, 1901
Children:
Irene Kane Meeker (1896-?)
Dorothy Meeker (1902-?) married Jay Holmes
Theodore C Meeker (29 Mar 1903-?)
Florence Meeker (1905-?)
Amy Meeker (12 May 1907-?)
Baby Boy Meeker (07 Dec 1909-)
Esther Meeker (1912-?) born in Michigan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions