Search for content in message boards

Buckley, Listowel

Buckley, Listowel

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Buckley, Dillon, Ready
I am trying to find the death date of my great uncle, Jeremiah Buckley. He lived in Listowel where he had a draper's shop and he was for a long period the assistant registrar for Listowel. He was alive and listed in the 1901 census for Listowel. At that time he was 65 years old. I did not find him in 1911 but I did not have time for a thorough search. I would appreciate any help. Rosemary

civil records

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 9:38PM GMT
see article at link below. The records are indexed by year so you should be able to find his death there. Note the sub-links in the article talking about the holdings at the LDS. Are you familar with the Mormons and thier holdings and their branch libraries?

best regards,
Kathy Flynn, CGRS

Buckley, Listowel

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 12:24AM GMT
Surnames: Buckley
Dear Kathy, Thank you for your kind reply. I am familiar with the Irish civil records and the LDS records but I have a great deal of trouble reading the microfilm. To find his death date will require looking at four quarters of at least ten years and I am not up to that. I was hoping someone would see the query who was familiar with Listowel and might know this information. If I ever get back to Dublin (highly doubtful) I will try to go to the record office where the records can be more easily read. Appreciate your help. Best wishes. Rosemary

Re: Buckley, Listowel

Helen Purcell Montag (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2003 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: BUCKLEY, PURCELL
I have a family of Buckleys who were living in Meriden, Connecticut in the 1880 census:

Ann BUCKLEY, widow, born 1830 County Kerry Ireland
Micheal BUCKLEY, son, born ~ 1854 County Kerry, Ireland
James BUCKLEY, son, born ~ 1859 County Kerry, Ireland
Jeremiah BUCKLEY, son, born ~ 1865 County Kerry, Ireland
Anne BUCKLEY, daughter, born ~ 1866 County Kerry, Ireland

I believe that these 'Buckleys' came from the Kenmare area.
Are you familiar with any Buckleys from Kenmare?

Thank you for any information you are able to share with me.
Sincerely,
Helen Purcell Montag

Re: Buckley, Listowel

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 5:39PM GMT
I am working on a project about land agent WS Trench’s assisted emigration from the Lansdowne Estate Kenmare to the US in the 1850’s. 1860’s. I have an incomplete database of names. Can you please contact on ancestorsfromireland@gmail.com to discuss the possibility of your ancestors been part of this emigration. There is also a festival called ‘Gangs of New York’ in Kenmare this year. https://www.facebook.com/kenmare.gathering
Rachel Foley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions