Search for content in message boards

GAMBILL, GAMBREL, GAMBRELL

GAMBILL, GAMBREL, GAMBRELL

Brenda GAMBRELL Hatcher (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I am hoping to find descendants of John GAMBREL who was born abt 1781 and came into Clay Co in the early 1800's. I do not know the name of his first wife. They had the following children: Isham, Franklin who married Rosannah WOOLUM, Martin who married Sarah WOOLUM, Thomas Gordon who married Catherine WOOLUM, Harlan who married Sealy PURSIFIELD, Garrett who married Deliz Treadway, Ester who married John Brackett,Daniel King who married Elizabeth Brackett, Susan who married Mitchell Nicely, and Drucilla who married Milan Smith. John married Elizabeth Miller in 1841 and had the following children: Thomas who married Mahala Leath, and Martha who married John Miller. A lot of people believe the different spellings of the surname GAMBREl mean a different family altogether. If they trace back to any of John's sons' family please contact me. Thanks

Re: GAMBILL, GAMBREL, GAMBRELL

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2001 4:25PM GMT
I am trying to locate relatives of Gambrell's who use to live in Clay County, Kentucky. My Grandfather's name was Shafter and he had a brother named John Gambrell and Taylor, Ben, Hobart and Jasper Gambrell. If any of these names are on your list let me know and maybe we can email. thanks

Oliver (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2003 2:21PM GMT
My grandfather was jasper gambrell from clay county Ky.

Posted: 6 Aug 2009 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: smith, gambrel, gambril, honeycut
Does anyone have anything on a martin gambrel?
Did he have a James Buchanan BUCK Smith with Matilda Smith.
In 1860 Matilda Smith 35, Jas Buchanon Smith 10/12, and Sena Gambrel 14 is with the John Honeycut family.
In 1870 Matilda and J Buchanan Smith are with the Abijah Smith family.

This James Buchanan Smith was b in 1859 and married Rebecca JANE Gross. He was deceased by 1910.
any help is much appreciated!

weschel@mvn.net

Posted: 5 Dec 2009 10:42PM GMT
Surnames: Gambrell,
Believe these are the Millers of my husbands family.Have been told John Grambrell is a grandfather of degree, his daughter marrying John Miller and a John Miller being his great grandfather. Died in Knox Co. Ky in 1929. Very confusing!

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 5:22PM GMT
Hi, I'm the g-granddaughter of Hester Smith & William Hubbard.

In my line, Hester Smith's dad is John Hansel Smith.
John Hansel Smith's parents are: Harvey Smith (born 1823 in Clay County, KY) and DRUCILLA GAMBREL (born May 1830 in Clay County, KY)

I have Drucilla Grambrel's parents listed as: John Gambrel and Nellie (last name unknown). I do not have any birth/death dates on Drucilla's parents yet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions