Search for content in message boards

Caire's store and Edgard townsfolks &photographs

Caire's store and Edgard townsfolks &photographs

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 2:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 7:58AM GMT
Does anyone have records,letters,credit receipts or anything showing business transacted at Caire's store-OR photos of Anything or anyone from Edgard pre 1940's.I believe my grandfather &other family members worked there in the late l800s,early 1900s.Would like to find verification of this fromactual business papers,photos,etc.Kleber Barre',or other Barres lived very near Caire's store.Would like to have some light on their history in Edgard.Is there a local historian in Edgard?Also Martha Rodrigues lived there after he died in early ,(abt 1916/19)with Barre'children,James,Thelma,Laurence,Kleber.They stayed with Webre,&Sexnaidre familys for a while&Graugnard,I think.Any help appreciated.Thanks! J.Barre'

Re: Caire's store and Edgard townsfolks &photographs

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 6:01AM GMT
Thelma Barre` Gillman is my great aunt .
she lives in laplace la .
E mail me i,ll give you more info on her

Lovey

J.Barre (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 7:15PM GMT
Hi Mr.Lovey:I am looking for photos or old papers from before l940 from Edgard.Original receipts,newspapers,bills,anything which showed what was going on in Edgard.Plantation records,slave sales,that type of thing.Do you or your aunt have this?Also old photographs.The older the better of Edgard and the towns people,houses,etc.My Barre family is af American and from Edgard.We are creole.What do you have? Thanks.

Posted: 11 Jul 2002 5:14PM GMT
Surnames: LaRose
Hi My name is Joyce Anthony, My father was born in Edgard I was wonder do you know any LaRose from Edgard, My granfather name was Pierre LaRose, He had three son Alfred, Pierre Jr. And Louis LaRose. and four daughters, Susana, Luvinia, Celestine and Felicia LaRose.I know they came from St John the Baptist.
Thank you,
Joyce Anthony

veronica (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 8:02AM GMT
My grandmother was born in Edgard and lived their until 1918. Her father (Dumez) owned a farm and she spoke of Jim Barre who worked for her father. I painted a picture for her from her memory. She explained to me her memory of the people who worked for her parents and after I painted it I wrote the names of the people explaining who each person was. One man was Jim Barre. In the painting she had me paint him cleaning the hog which he hung from the tree in their back yard, and the large iron kettle in which he scalded water. I am glad I was browsing through the old posts. It brought back memories for me.

Jerrye Barre (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 6:43PM GMT
Thanks so much, Veronica. Your grandmother must have had some kind of memory recall. However,Jim Barre was not born until after 1918 . It is possible it was actually his father? He would have been the likely one.His name was Klibert. Would love to see the picture,however, WHOEVER the man was.Regards. I haven't been on this site for quite a while. Would sure like to find some pictures of the Barres of Edgard.

J. Barre (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 6:50PM GMT
In correction that should have read "We are not af American. We are creole blend of Spanish,French, German - Heinz 57 creole.

"My Barre family is af American and from Edgard.We are creole."

J. Barre' (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2005 6:53PM GMT
No, Joyce,sorry I have no info on them,but don't you just love those old names?? Try Wayne Montz and the census records. You will need some dates. Good luck.

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 1:14AM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2006 5:36AM GMT
Did your grandmother mention families by the name of Elfert?

Thanks.

J. Barre (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2005 2:43AM GMT
This post must be intended for Veronica. However, there were "Elfer" in that area. Try here: ;)

"LASTJOHN-L@rootsweb.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions