Search for content in message boards

Mary Jane PERRY b. 1842 Cortland Co.

Mary Jane PERRY b. 1842 Cortland Co.

Catherine (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2006 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PERRY, YOUNG, MORRIS
The death certificate of Mary Jane MORRIS (nee PERRY) lists that she was born 13 March 1842 in Cortland Co., NY, and lists her parents as David PERRY and Unice[sic] YOUNG. I have not been able to locate anyone who fits this description in the 1850 or 1860 census in either Cortland County or Niagara County, NY. Mary Jane PERRY was married to Joseph MORRIS 19 Aug 1866 in Lockport, Niagara Co., NY (I believe the article I read stated that it was "at her parents' home", but I have not been able to find them in Niagara Co., NY, either). Can anyone help with this family? Mary Jane may have had a brother, William David; there is a Eunice PERRY living with him and his family in the 1880 census in Jasper Co., MO, but I have not been able to verify if this is the same Eunice PERRY. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Eli (Ely) F. PERRY b. ca 1810 NY

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2013 5:10PM GMT
Surnames: PERRY, YOUNG, YOUNGS, BUSHNELL
I have since learned that the father of Mary Jane PERRY was actually named Eli (or Ely) F. PERRY; this may be the same Eli (Ely) F. PERRY found in Preble in 1850 & Willett, Cortland County in the 1870 & 1880 censuses (he is found in Chenango County in 1860). It appears to me that Eli (Ely) and Eunice divorced before 1850, and Eli (Ely) remarried Phebe (Phoebe; nee unknown) and had at least three children with her: Theodore (b. ca 1847 NY), Jane E. (b. ca 1848 NY), and Dewitt Clinton (b. ca 1849 NY). I have reason to believe that Phebe (Phoebe) may be a daughter of Martin BUSHNELL of Madison Co., NY. If this sounds familiar to anyone, please contact me or leave me a note here. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic