Search for content in message boards

lookig for Samuel Crum of New York born 1866?

lookig for Samuel Crum of New York born 1866?

Posted: 15 Jan 2004 2:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crum
I am the great grandson of Samuel Crum looking for relatives he moved to Rhode Island in the 1890s his wife was Annie Miller they had at least six children and many grand and great grand childrenliving in RI

Re: lookig for Samuel Crum of New York born 1866?

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 3:19PM GMT
bum, is this you?

deb

Re jacob crum

Posted: 26 Jan 2004 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: crum jacob
hi my name is Rick Crum dont know of a samual crum at this time iam looking for info of ggggg grandad jacob crum from ireland born in 1765 server in revolutionary war in new youk 5th regiment can go back atlest 6 generations of crum family need info on jacob think you

Jesse and Mariam(Oldham) Crum

Jessica (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 4:49AM GMT
Surnames: Crum Oldham
Anyone know history on Jesse and Mariam Crum? I know they had 11 children, but anyone know ancestry before that?
They are from around Shade Township Pennsylvania

Re: Jesse and Mariam(Oldham) Crum

Posted: 25 May 2005 4:55AM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 4:35AM GMT
Jesse Crum born July 1, 1849 in Wilmore, Cambria Co., Pa. died 1933 Somerset co., buried Crum Cem., Somerset Co., Pa. Miriam Oldham born Nov. 25, 1853 Shade Twp., Somerset Co., Pa. She is a Berkebile descendant. I research Berkebile, Custer, Seese, Schmeisser and Von Lunen families for the last 30 years.
children:
Geraldine, Della Mary, Clara A., William, Nathaniel, Harry, Ida B., Emily, William, Josephine, Gladys V., George
1900 census say 11 children 8 living

You can find more on Jesse Crum in Gable's History of Cambria County, Pa. which I think is online page 1125

Miriam Oldham ancestory: d/o William Oldham, Jr. and Mary Berkebile.
William is the son of William Sr. the family came from Oldham England and you should be able to get more information in Somerset County Site, right now my records are being reorganized because of a hard drive crash.
Mary Berkebile is the daughter of Samuel B. Berkebile and Susanah Cable
Samuel is the son of Andrew Berkebile and Anna Catherine Shaffer
Andrew Berkebile is the son of Andreas Berkebile and Ann Catherine Kries / Cross
Susanah Cable is the daughter of Abraham Cable and Susanah Stahl
Abraham Cable is the son of Benjamin Cable and Mary Nary and Benjamin is the son of Phillip Cobel and Mary Margaret Brady
Susanah Stahl is the daughter of Godfrey Stahl and Dorothea Hess

Posted: 24 Jun 2005 1:51PM GMT
Surnames: Crum/Crom
Hi I am working on the Crum line from Summerhill Township, Cambria County. I have acess to census records through Ancestory.com. I found your Jessie in the 1850 Summerhill Township Cambria County Census. Page 87 Roll M432_761

His family was listed as follows...

Person age listed est b.d. Occ. B.p
William Crum 26 1824 Farmer Pa
Elizabeth A. Crum 23 1827 Pa
Jessie Crum 1 1849 Pa Sarah Crum 20 1830 Pa

I have been working on this family for about 4 years now. From what I have learned the Crum's in Summerhill Township were related to one another. They came from Fredrick County, Maryland, and tie into the Gysbert Crom line from the Netherlands. I am not sure of exactly how they relate to one another. I am trying to determine that. I can tell you that they have been living in Cambria since the 1800 Cambria township, Somerset County Census. It is the same area as Summerhill, but Cambria County was not formed until 1804. This Crom line moved from the Netherlands to New York then, into New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania.

I descend from Nathan Crum that was born in 1814. At this time I do not know how he relates to Jessie.

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 3:56AM GMT
Yes, the Crum families are related in Cambria Co. and Somerset Co., Pa. I was born and raised in the area.
Are you doing Crum families in general or just your line?
You can reach me at svonlunen@hotmail.com

Jennifer Reed (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2005 2:01PM GMT
I apologize for the late reply. I was away on vacation. I am researching all of the Crum families from Fredrick County, Maryland to Cambria County Pennsylvania.

Posted: 20 Jul 2005 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Crum, Crumb
What do you need? Will be happy to exchange info. I'm at svonlunen@hotmail.com

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 3:19PM GMT
I am looking for information about a Nathan Crum born about 1814. I found him living in Summerhill Township, Cambria County in the 1840 and 1850 Census'. In the 1850 Census he is found living with his wife Mary b. about 1817, and the following children...

David Wilson Crum b. December 1839
James A. Crum b. about 1841
William J. Crum b. about 1843
Jane Matilda Crum b. about 1845
Hanah L. Crum b. about 1846
Rachel A. Crum b. about 1849

In the 1860 Census Nathan does not appear. The only children that I could find in that census are...

David Wilson Crum
James Crum
They are found in the 1860 Summerhill township Census in the household of Henry Allenbough household.

William is found in the 1860 Cambria County Census in the household of Henry Nutter working as a laborer.

Matilda Jane is found in the 1860 Wilmore Cambria County Census in the household of Jas D. Hamilton working as a domestic servant.

I am attempting to find out who Nathan's parent's were. I also would love to find out Mary's maiden name, and what happened to the children.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions