Search for content in message boards

Bliss

Bliss

Sheri Paulick (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 2:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Still Looking for Rebecca Bliss (b) approx. 1810-1819. somewhere in the New England States.
May have have middle initial J or middle name Jane. Any help is much appreciated.
Sheri

Re: Bliss

Alice E. Beatty (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2003 7:16PM GMT
I do not know which Bliss, Rebecca you are looking for.
I am researching James Johnson family and he marriedSylvia Bliss Sylvia's father Jerimiah has a sister Rebecca Bliss b. 13 Nov 1803 Greenfield, Saratoga Co., NY d. 18 Feb 1883 Cedar Rapids, Linn Co. IA m. Lemuel Lucore III 18 Dec 1822 in Shippen Township, McKean, PA son of Lemuel Lucore Jr. and Rizpah Hurlbut. He was born 11 Sep 1797 Southampton, Hamps. MA d. 9 Jan 1879 Cedar Rapids, Linn Co. IA

Rebecca and Jeremiah Bliss parents are John Bliss Rev. b. 17 Jan 1760 Middletown, Newport Co. RI., and d. 28 Apr 1845 Genesee Falls, Wyoming Co. NY b. 30 apr 1845 Portageville, Wyoming Co. NY He was the son of William Bliss Rev. and Barbara Phillips he m. 20 Apr1749 Middletown, Newport Co. RI Barbara was the Daughter of John(?) Phillips, she was born 1727 Dartmouth, Bristol co. MA d. 29 Oct 1775 Newport, Newport Co. RI
If this is the one you are looking for go to Rootsweb.com or Ancestry.com and you can find it all under the entry submitted by Cathy Bontekoe Nov 7 2002. This where I found my information.
Hope this is the one you are looking for.
Alice

Re: Bliss

Sheri Paulick (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 1:22PM GMT
The Rebecca Bliss I am looking for, as I stated, was born 1810 to 1819 I think NY. In 1838 she married Ira A. Allen of VT in NY. He is suppose to be related to Gen. Ethan Allen of the Green Mountain Boys. They ended up in WI. They also had 9 children together. She died in 1877, in WI, but I can't find her burial place. Husband Ira is buried in Sauk Co. WI as well as some of their children. Ira m. a 2nd time to Elizabeth Amanda Rose. They are buried together in Sauk Co. WI. They had 3 children together.
There are other Bliss's in this area, but I can not find a link to Rebecca. Frustrating road concerning her.
Sheri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic