Search for content in message boards

Wood - Indiana

Wood - Indiana

Rita Bond (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 6:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Hughes
I am seeking information about Harry Melville Wood m. Elsie Hughes. d around 1946. Lived in Medaryville, Indiana. If anyone has any information, please email me at RB8816@aol.com. Thank you!

John Wesley Wood

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2000 6:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Hye, High
We know that he married Martha Hye(High)?she was b.1839 in Spotsylvania Co. Virginia, We also know he fought in the Civil War but not which side and that he disapeared during the war not sure if he was killed or what? They had a son Charles A. Wood who is my GG Grandfather he was b.Dec.6,1861 in Indianapolis Indiana d.abt.Nov.13,1953, he m.Mary Adaline Dolf b.1865 d.1939 they had a son Glenn Leonard Wood b.March 20,1897 d.Sep 11,1929 who is my G Grandfather.

John Wesley Wood

Nancy Kasper (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Williamson
My ggggrandfather was John Wesley Wood from Richmond VA. He was born Jan 6, 1837 and died in 1922. He was a surgeon during the civil war for the Confederacy and is credited with the first usage of anesthesia on the battlefield. He married Mary Williamson and lived in Washington County, AL in 1876. This is the only information I have available. Can anyone give me his ancestry? Does anyone have any other information?

wood family

Karla Kovscek (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2000 3:57PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: High, Bartlett
My greatgteat grandfathers name was Alvin (Alvy) High. They had two children. Hatti High and another daughter. He was a scout during the civil war and died during that time. The family history is difficult to follow due to the Indian ancestory. I would like any information on the High family or Bartlett family that you may have. Thank You

John Wesley Wood

Posted: 13 May 2000 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Dear Nancy...I have been working on John Wesley Wood for a descendant of his John Emmett Wood. I found his geneaology on the Family Tree Maker and would be glad to pass on what I found. I have also pulled some related family connections down from Dr. Wood. These records show him born Lunenburg Co.,Va., moving to Al. with his family at an early age. I have an article with the record of his education. I have no names of ancestors or his family immigration point or year. Sandra Elder

John Wesley Wood

Nancy Kasper (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2000 5:27PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Sandra - Would it be possible to e-mail me the information you have on John Wesley Wood? I would appreciate any info I can obtain. My husband and I are slowly working on our family trees and it would be a great help to me.

Nancy

Dr. John Wesley Wood

Posted: 18 Oct 2000 8:07AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:21PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Loper
I am doing my family line from Dr. John
Wesley Wood on to the present day. I would
be happy to exchange information with anyone
that is interested. My line from Dr. Wood:
Dr. Andrew Jackson Wood
John W. Wood
Mary (Loper) Wood---sister to John Emmett Wood
Joseph E Loper Jr.

Re: Wood - Indiana

Posted: 16 Aug 2002 2:26AM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:25PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Hughes'
Am looking for info on Elsie Wood (Hughes) lived in Medaryville Indiana. in country small house no elect. no water no bath, out house and pump outside . Son lived across road from her. She was my Husbands father's sister had a sister Fern Lived in Kokamo Indiana.am trying to locate any children of Elsie or Fern. E-mail Ahu1917975@Aol.com

Re: John Wesley Wood

Posted: 22 Jun 2003 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hye
HI do you have any information on Martha Hye we think a sister might be our Hye any help would be kindly taken Linda

Re: John Wesley Wood

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 6:08PM GMT
Edited: 15 Mar 2010 1:24PM GMT
Surnames: Newfer, Wood
I just Thought I would send this along!!

Notes on Marysville Trubine
Married on the 28 at the residence of Charles Newfer, Milford Center, by Wm. M. Winget,J. P. Emanuel Hoover and Mrs. Martha A. V. Wood Charles is the brother in law to Martha , We found this tid bit on our trip to Ohio in June of last year Linda Nufer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic