Search for content in message boards

Littleton Meeks wife Francis Lucinda Brown & her parents info?

Littleton Meeks wife Francis Lucinda Brown & her parents info?

Posted: 9 Jun 2010 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query

I'm looking for information on Francis Lucinda Brown, who married Littleton Meeks Jr. of Habersham Co., GA. I will repost when I get my old computer I used for genealogy out of storage & up and running. I need information on Francis Lucinda's parents Robert Brown & Jane _____? Robert Brown was Cherokee. Francis Lucinda Brown's son Hugh Birdit Meeks applied for enrollment in the Guion Miller Rolls, but his claim was denied. I believe Francis was born in Habersham Co., GA. in 1808. Her husband Litleton Meeks Jr. cofounded the Tinswattse Mission Church for the Cherokee.

Tinswattse was used until 1838 when the Cherokee went on the Trail of Tears. I believe most of my Cherokee ancestors stayed behind & did not make the OK. trip. My cousin Debbie Addison Jenkins is/was also working on this line of our Cherokee ancestors Hugh Birdit Meeks was her gr., gr., gr., grandfather & my gr., gr., gr., uncle. Hugh Birdit Meeks is listed as an applicant in the Guion Miller Rolls.

Are there Brown surnames on this board who's Cherokee relatives/ancestors are from the Habershan or Banks Co., GA. area? This information may help me. Robert Brown's father also went by the last[surname]of Fisher, his wife I/we know practically nothing about.

Re: Littleton Meeks wife Francis Lucinda Brown & her parents info?

Posted: 6 Jul 2010 2:14PM GMT
Marshall

The family of Littleton MEEKS has been extremely well researched, mostly due to the vast wealth of documentation that is available from the 1700's onwards. The MEEKS were of English/Irish origin, early settlers in VA/TN/SC, before finally settling on former Indian Lands in what is now Georgia.
As far as I'm aware, there's nothing to indicate that the MEEKS or allied families were anything other than of European ancestry.

You may find more information by posting to the MEEKS surname board/forum.

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.meeks/mb.ashx
http://genforum.genealogy.com/meeks/

Kathy Roberts
VA

Re: Littleton Meeks wife Francis Lucinda Brown & her parents info?

Posted: 6 Jul 2010 4:21PM GMT
Surnames: Meeks, Dalton, Cowart, Perry, Jordan, Winkler, Miller, Lock[e]

Thank you Kathy.

Marshall Spencer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions