Search for content in message boards

CLEMENT, Michael - obit lookup 1985

CLEMENT, Michael - obit lookup 1985

Posted: 4 Mar 2005 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 May 2005 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: CLEMENT
Looking for an obituary for Michael Clement who would have died approximately December 1985. I do not have a date of birth, but he would have been in his late 20s/early 30s, so probably a birthdate of around 1955 to 1960. Need to get a copy of it or I would be happy with a "word" document that is typed up with the same information. Any help on this is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Re: CLEMENT, Michael - obit lookup 1985

Posted: 7 Apr 2005 7:58PM GMT
THANK YOU to any and all who notified the lovely Rosemary Michelin of the Marquette County Historical Society and Museum of my obit request. She gratiously sent not only the obit, but news articles detailing the circumstances surrounding the death of my friend. Thank you again to all who helped me get some closure on a long ago event. V.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2005 1:42PM GMT
Am almost sure its a long shot, but the name caught my eye. I have been looking for a Mikal Klemmetson (or Clemmetson) Almli. He may have changed his name to one of the above names. The one I am currently looking for came to the US in about 1880 & did settle for a short while (so we are told) in the Ishpeming area. He supposedly went to Duluth, but I can find no record of him. Have tried different variations of his name but cannot seem to come across anything that fits. Do not know where he could have went & just thought I would ask even though the date is from the 1880's. He is one of the elusive nuts I haven't been able to find except his travel records to the US.
Thanks,
Kathy

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 1:50PM GMT
Wish I could help you on this. I only knew this individual as a friend long ago, not as a research subject. I don't really know anything about his lineage other than raised in Marquette. This is from the 1985, not 1885 - so sorry to dash your hopes. Keep trying. My relatives are in the Keweenaw and finding some of them as been elusive at best. Good luck with your search.

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2005 2:03PM GMT
Thanks. Its hard when they change their names when they come over here. All of my relatives are either in Ishpeming or Baraga areas. He's the only one of the 3 brothers that came over that I cannot find where he went after Ishpeming. I always keep trying. If a name comes up that could be close, I always ask. You just never know, cause you can always work forward or backwards. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Good luck with you searches also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions