Search for content in message boards

Samuel Branch Walker d.1906

Samuel Branch Walker d.1906

Posted: 14 Jan 2007 11:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker, Christian
I am looking for information related to this family and life at Edgehill in Amherst County.
espositosf@earthlink.net

Re: Samuel Branch Walker d.1906

Posted: 15 Jan 2007 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Walker
Samuel Branch Walker (1834-1906) was an only child of Isaac W. and Sarah Elizabeth Branch. Isaac W. Walker (1810-1839) married Sarah Elizabeth Branch. Samuel B. married Mollie R. Venable (1837-1913) on June 1, 1859 at Petersburg, VA. See my book Waltons of Old Virginia for additional information on the Walker family.

Wilmer L. Kerns

Waltons of Old Virginia & Sketches of Families in Central Virginia - Walker

Posted: 2 Sep 2012 10:38PM GMT
Edited: 2 Sep 2012 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Patteson/Patterson, Mills,Moseley, Flood,,Trabue, Walker, Watkins
Good Afternoon Dr. Kerns:

As a Virginia WALKER Researcher, It was with interest, I read the following from your book, shown above:

"John Jones, son of Thomas Jones, Sr., was born circa 1722 probably in old Goochland or Brunswick Ccounties, Virginia and died about 1798 in Buckingham County, Virginia. He m Elizabeth WALKER dau of JOEL WALKER."

FOR THE RECORD:

I am a descendant of Elizabeth WALKER, Will Written 16th January 1726/27, Henrico Co., VA Wills, Vol. I, pgs 181-187, thru her dau Elizabeth WALKER, sister of Joel WALKER m Sarah MOSELEY? [per John Frederick DORMAN].

Joel WALKER, is the gentleman you reference. in your WALTONS Book, as being the:

Father of Elizabeth WALKER m John JONES.

THE RECORDS PROVE:

Elizabeth WALKER Jones was the Sister Of:

Asaph WALKER [b 1735] m Judith WATKINS dau of Stephen WATKINS & Judith TRABUE

and Mary WALKER b 1754 [Source: Flood Cemetery, Vera, Appomattox Co., VA]
m 1st John PATTESON/PATTERSON
m 2nd Charles MILLS
m 3rd Major Henry FLOOD of the Buckingham Co., VA records.

ITEM: Unfortunately, my records do not contain:

"Proof Beyond A Reasonable Doubt"

The 3 Siblings were:

The Children of: Joel WALKER m Sarah MOSELEY? [per John Frederick DORMAN]

and would be so grateful, if you would be willing to share your "Proof" concerning the parentage.

"Thank You" for your kind attention to my request and hoped for courtesy of reply.

Respectfully,

Lois Jennings Johnson

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions