Search for content in message boards

Peldo/Beldo information

Peldo/Beldo information

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 7:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2003 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Beldo Peldo
I'm looking for any and all information on the Beldo family. The family I am working on came form Lapland county of Finland. Their name spelling in Finland was Peldo. They started come to America around 1879. They first came to Michigan (which I believe some relatives are still living there) and then to Minnesota (which I believe some relatives are still living there). From Minnesota some Beldo's came to Washington state. I'm looking for help from anyone with the last name of Beldo or any relatives of the Beldo family.

Re: Peldo/Beldo information

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Pelto, Peldo, Beldo, Belda
My great uncle Peter Pelto was born in Kemi, Lappi, Finland.I found Peter Peldo was his father. My family name changed to Beldo. Peter Pelto was married in Calumet,Houghton County, Michigan in 1886. Later moved to Kingston, Meeker County, MN where he helped found a Lutheran church, was pastor for a time and was a farmer. He had about 10 children. My grandfather was John Arvid (Pelto) Beldo. Emigrated in 1899.

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 7:36AM GMT
Surnames: Pelto
I've been searching for my grandmothers grandfather who was Johan Arvid Pelto born on 06 dec,1877 in Lappi, Finland. He was married to Ida Maria Putaala and they had a son (my great grandfather), Eino Vilhelm (born 27 sep, 1899 Kemi). The father of Johan Arvid was Pehr Pelto, who moved to Norway. The only information about Johan Arvids later days is that he moved to the United States, I don't know what happened between him and Ida Maria, did they got divorced or what made him to leave his family in Finland. Could it be so that your grandfather and my great-great-grandfather are the one and the same person?

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 2:54AM GMT
With the description of John Arvid Beldo you described, he could possibly be our (great)grandfather. He married my grandmother, Mary Katherine (Maiya Kaisa Kannosto who used the last name Kangas to come to US). They lived in Missouri where my dad was born in 1910 and then moved to Zeigler, IL. Altogether they had 5 children. He was a very private man and didn't talk about his family. (Leaving a family in Finland may be the reason!) He did have a brother who lived in Kingston MN. He had 10 children and some of them moved to the northwest coast. He married in I believe Calumet MI before moving to MN. I found one family tree that listed Kemi, Laapi, Finland as where he was from. Are you on FaceBook? I am under the name of Carol Griffith. Please contact me here or thru FB so we can compare notes!

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 3:13AM GMT
Your posting sounds like the emigration of my grandfather, John Arvid Beldo (Pelto) family. His brother, Peter Pelto, lived in Calumet, MI where he was married and then moved to MN where he was a farmer and founded the Lutheran Church there. He had 10 children. I know of at least one daughter who married and moved to Oregon. I can't find the exact trail of my grandfather's move to and around the US but my dad was born in Flat River MO in 1910 and moved to Zeigler IL in 1915. He had 5 children. He married Mary Katherine Kannosto Kangas. Please share more info about the family you are looking for to verify we are looking for the same family.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:07AM GMT
I have searching for Jacob Pelto. His father was Petter Pelto born 22.12.1842. Mother was Kaisa Fredrika Aula. Jacob did have brother,Johan Arvid Pelto born 6.12.1877. Jacob was married to Greta (Margareta)Kristina Wuolukka born 25.9.1878,died 9.1.1961. Jacob and Greta had 6 children. Julia, Richard, Dorothy, Martha, William and Helmi. I have been searching for these children, but I have not found them.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 6:33PM GMT
Unfortunately I do not have any information about Jacob's children. Do you have any idea what happened to Johan's and Jakob's father? I know that he moved to Norway, but nothing after that.

Posted: 24 Jun 2013 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Pelto
1930 United States Federal Census about Jacob Pelto
Name: Jacob Pelto
Birth Year: abt 1871
Birthplace: Finland
Race: White
Home in 1930: Calumet, Houghton, Michigan
View Map
Marital Status: Married
Immigration Year: 1888
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Margaret R Pelto
Father's Birthplace: Finland
Mother's Birthplace: Finland

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:

View Image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Jacob Pelto 59
Margaret R Pelto 48
Martha E Pelto 16
William P Pelto 14
Pearl E Pelto 11

1940 United States Federal Census about Margaret Pelto
Name: Margaret Pelto
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
Race: White
Birthplace: Finland
Marital Status: Widowed
Relation to Head of House: Head
Home in 1940: Calumet, Houghton, Michigan
View Map
Street: E Pine Street
House Number: 73
Farm: No
Inferred Residence in 1935: Calumet, Houghton, Michigan
Residence in 1935: Same House
Citizenship: Naturalized
Sheet Number: 16A
Number of Household in Order of Visitation: 311
House Owned or Rented: Owned
Value of Home or Monthly Rental if Rented: 150
Attended School or College: No
Highest Grade Completed: Elementary school, 4th grade
Weeks Worked in 1939: 0
Income: 0
Income Other Sources: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Margaret Pelto 62
Pearl Pelto 21
William Pelto 24 married
Marie Pelto 22

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 3:12AM GMT
OinasM, olet ilmeisesti Torniossa. Minä Tervolassa. Olisi helpompi kommunikoida omalla kielellä. Miten saan yhteyden sinuun?

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 4:46AM GMT
Onhan se tietysti hieman helpompaa suomeksi kirjotella :) Tässä minun s-posti maimestar@gmail.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic