Search for content in message boards

Bruce family of Aliquippa,Pa.

Bruce family of Aliquippa,Pa.

Posted: 7 Nov 2000 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2004 6:42AM GMT
Am trying to find anything about my grandmother..last name Bruce. Married John Short. Dies in Aliquippa,Pa. between 1916 and 1918..Thank you for any help..

Bruce Family

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 9:18AM GMT
Myrna:

I responded on the Baker message board to another of your inquiries, but in my grandfather Ralph Shaffer's family, the name Bruce was either the maiden name of his mother or step-mother. I'd have to check with my aunts. There are relatives on his side who had this last name.

Bruce's Aliquippa.

Todd Theis (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 3:02PM GMT
Please respond with a first name ,middle name and birth date of
your Grandmother. With this info I can check my Bruce line.
As of now I do not have spouses listed for my GGranddads sisters.

Aliquippa/Beaver CO., PA Bruce's

Terri (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 5:05PM GMT
I'll check with my relatives when there for Thanksgiving holiday. I do not know if you are from the Beaver Co./Pittsburgh area originally, but Raccoon Creek flows in Center Twp, what was formerly known as Moon Twp at the time the county was settled. The current Moon Twp. is part of Allegheny CO. now. I'm sure you have seen a map of this if you have been to the Beaver Co. Historical Society page.

My grandmother's family, the Baker's, are original settlers of Beaver Co.

I hope I can help you out with some info soon. It may be possible that one of the sisters of your GGF is married to a relative of mine. My GF Shaffer, whose mother or Stepmother was a Bruce, was born in 1890 if that helps to narrow down the range of years that a sister may have gotten married.

Bruces

Todd Theis (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 3:18PM GMT
I am a descendent of the Beaver County Bruce's.
My aunts,cousins and mother have documented our line
from the early 1700's.
I have seen the reference to a Baker farm just north of the
Bruce farm.
E-mail me at tnt216@ameritech.net when you come up
with the given name of your Grandmother.

Bruces from Aliquippa

Posted: 3 Dec 2000 2:00AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 2:54AM GMT
I am from the Bruce family in Aliquippa and your message interested me. I have been working on my family tree with the help of my Aunt Olive Bruce who is 94. When I saw the Baker surname also connected and know i have ancestors i have not matched yet I started to wonder if there was a connection. My family dates back to about 1760 in Beaver County. I know I have something here on the Short surname but can't seem to locate it at the present. I have over 1,000 ancestors in my tree. Would love to communicate with you and see if between us we can figure out the Short connection as i also have an ancestor that married a Shaffer. You can contact me at MOM080752@aol.com

Bruce Family

Posted: 3 Dec 2000 9:09AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2004 6:42AM GMT
Hi Carol, I am so sorry .....I just got home to Fl. from Ohio and am so sick I cant think straight but want you to know I did get your note.........I have some others from the same place but dont feel up to writing......I promise.......soon as I am feeling better.....I will write to you. I am just in here checking out 12 days of emails!!!!!!!!! YIKES! Will write soon........and thanks for writing to me......Myrna

Bruce and Shaffer marriage

Posted: 9 Dec 2000 7:00AM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 2:54AM GMT
I have an ancestor born in Beaver County who married a Daniel Shaffer according to their family bible. My maiden name is Bruce and many of my relatives still live in the Beaver County area. I also have a several connections to the Bakers. My Aunt who lives in Aliquippa has been helping me with tracing our family tree. Would love to communicate with you. My email is MOM080752@aol.com

Short married to a Peck

Posted: 11 Dec 2000 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:25AM GMT
I am searching for a Eliza Ann Short who married a Mahlon Peck of Hecto, Potter Co, Penna on June 7, 1868. Mr Peck was a great grandfather on my Mother's family (Joseph) If this a connection, please let me know.Thank You.....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic