Search for content in message boards

Weber from Germany

Weber from Germany

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2000 8:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Weber
Searching for the names of my "Weber-tree". My ggrandmother's name was AUGUSTE CATHERINE WEBER, born in Bad Marienberg/Westerwald sometime around 1870. Her parents were ADOLF and CATHERINE WEBER, both from Bad Marienberg. Is anybody else researching this branch of the tree? Also, I am german and can help translate and help find towns, etc.

RE: Weber

Posted: 18 Dec 2000 8:12AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 5:46PM GMT
Do you know any siblings of your GGM Auguste? I have Weber ancestors from the same time frame and I think the same region. I am out of town right now, but I would like to e mail you my Weber relatives and locations a soon as I return home to see if there is a connect. I have a little info and haven't really started looking into this branch yet.

Weber

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 5:44PM GMT
Please e-mail me as soon as you get home. I also have a sister whos middle name is KARIN. Would be great if we could help each other out and maybe even find a connection. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. I will then let you know who all my Weber's are. Thanks.

Auguste Catherine Weber

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 1:05PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Weber, Braun
Karin, my ggmother Auguste Catherine Weber married Christian Braun in 1909 in Marienberg. They had at least one daughter, mu grandmother FRIEDA EMILIE BRAUN in 1905. Are you german? Here my e-mail: scottnicole2001@yahoo.com - PLEASE e-mail me if you are related to this tree. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 6:26PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 5:36PM GMT
Surnames: Weber, Amme, Hefner, Kraus
Sorry it had taken me so long to get back to you. I have:
1. Karl August Weber m. Maria Christiane Amme
son Karl Weber b. 1838 m. Ernestine Hefner 11 Oct 1863
2. son Karl Hermann Weber b. 6 May 1877 in Wansleben am see, Germany
m. Maria Kraus
3. daughter Anne Marie b.24 Apr 1919
daughter Gertrude
I can e mail you a gedcom if you think there is a connect. Its really hard to read those old documents. My e mail is KArin4467@yahoo.com

Karin

Weber Family

Sandy (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 2:13PM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Weber, Frey, Ganpinger
Nicole, I could use your help!! I am trying to find out if any of this info matches with some you may have.
I have a Magdalina Elisabetha Weber b 4/14/1805. Parents Nikolaus and Kathrin Elisabeth Weber. Married Daniel Ganpinger???
10/3/1833. Elisabetha died 8/24/1871 She was born in Tiefenthal ???. I do not have dates for parents. Daniel and Elisabetha had a daughter named Helene she married a Frey. Not sure if there were other children. Best I can do since the info I have is written in Old Style English. I have been able to make out most of the info even though the book is in German and I never learned to read or speak the language. All of my Grandmothers family are from Germany and I have only met a few of them. My dad lived there until he was about 18. I live in North Carolna, and have been doing most of my research from the hand written info my grandmother had and we found when she passed away. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. You may e-mail me at sroehm@prodigy.net

Weber's in Tiefenthal

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 4:53AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 1:46AM GMT
Dear Sandy,
Unfortunatly there are two Tiefenthal's in Germany. One is in the PFALZ, the other in RHEINHESSEN. Do you have any other towns? That would possibly help us find out which Tiefenthal Elisabetha died in. I have the adresses for both towns and will e-mail them to you later. Hope to hear from you soon. Nicole

Weber in Minnesota

Posted: 15 Feb 2001 12:53PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: Weber, Zweber, Huss, Faber, Troeber
I have a Marie Weber or maybe Zweber (10 Aug 1857-24 Dec 1983) in my Huss family. She married Henry Huss (1845 - 18 Aug 1923), apparently before they came to the U.S. from Germany.
Her tombstone inscription reads:
PAR: Henry & Lena Faber Troeber-Zweber

I have been told that the hyphenated name means one is the maiden name. Can you tell me anything for sure about this?

Thank you

Zweber / Weber

Nicole (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 12:25AM GMT
Surnames: Faber, Troeber, Zweber, Huss
Well, I'm not sure. It could be her maidenname or the surname of a previous marriage. If their tombstone said Henry and Lena Faber Troeber-Zweber, then what happened to Henry's last name of Huss? Please e-mail me and I will try to help you get to the bottom of this. My e-mail is scottnicole2001@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you soon.

Weber's of Wilhelmshaven

Wilma Weber Conley (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2001 1:43PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2001 1:33PM GMT
My father, Wilhelm Hermann Weber, was born
in 1903 in Wilhelmshaven. He mentioned a relative by name of Karin.
So I thought I would contact you. I have no last names except Weber.
But he had no brothers, so there would be no Weber's except his own father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions