Search for content in message boards

Wrights' and Fieldson

Wrights' and Fieldson

Richard Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2003 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Requesting any information on a John Wright, supposedly born in Canada 1849 - 1850 from parents born in England. He married a Sarah Fieldson of DePeyster, NY who was born in England. John died 10 July, 1920 in the St.Lawrence Co. Home, Canton, NY.

Wrights' and Fieldson

Russ Sprague (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2003 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Fieldson
The 1870 census for the county is on line at the county site under usgenweb. Start at www.usgenweb.org, click on 'state's pages' then work your way to NY then St. Lawrence county. Take time while at the county site to research the cemetery, newspaper, voter and other census records (partial 1900 and 1920).

The 1880 census for the US is on line at www.familysearch.org. Each census has Johns and Sarahs that might be yours but there is not quite enough to go on. You might want to search children's names and see what comes up (assuming they had children).

Hope this helps -
Russ Sprague
Kensington, Maryland

Re: Wrights' and Fieldson

Tammy (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Fieldson, Wright
Hello - I don't have anything on John Wright, but am descended from the Fieldson's. Here is what I have on John and Sarah and their family -
Sarah Fieldson (b. 9/12/1845 England, d.1874-1884) m. John Wright, both lived in Gouveneur
Children: 1. Jennie m. 4/3/1895 to Joseph Grow, 2. Lena m. William Johnson

Jennie & Joseph's children:
1. Cecile, 2. & 3. boys, died in infancy, 4. Dewey, 5. Joseph Jr., 6. Celand/Leland, 7. Mary, 8. Dora, 9. Kate, 10. Lucy, 11. Lena, Geneva

Lena & William's children:
1. Pauline
2. Vera

I have more information on the Fieldsons, if you would like it.
Tammy

Richard Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 4:10PM GMT
Tammy: Thanks so much for your reply to my inquiry on the Wrights and Fieldsons. I have everything I need on the Fieldsons but I am still interested in any information anyone may have on the Wrights. I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Thanks, Clara

Posted: 7 Oct 2007 3:24AM GMT
Do you have information on Sarah Fieldson prior to her marriage to the Wright line? Her family in England? any siblings? Once again I am attempting the family history.
Deborah Fieldson

d.fieldson@att.net

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 11:20AM GMT
Surnames: Wright, Fieldson, Grow
Hi Tammy, just found your posting here, and after reading it, would like to make a correction to your information. The son you have as Cleland/Leland, is actually supposed to read Claude, this is my grandfather.:-) Also where you have Dora it should read Cora. The boys that died in infancy were Reginald and Paul. Got this straight from Aunt Geneva Grow Schooley. There was also two other brothers Charles and Earl and sister Nora in there also. There were 15 all together with 12 surviving to adulthood
My Great Grandmother was Jennie Wright who married Joseph Grow. The surname for these Grows were actually Gorrow/Gareau from Quebec. Joseph changed it sometime before he married Jennie.
I also have some information on the Fieldson's too. I have been in contact with so many people in the last 9 years of my research I am not sure I have written you or not. If I have not and you would like to "talk" about the Fieldsons please write me at kmgd66@gmail.com .
Kristin

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: Wrights and Fieldson
Hi Deborah, I have some information on the Fieldson's. Sarah was my great great grandmother on my paternal side. Her daughter Jennie Wright was married to my great grandfather Joseph Gorrow/Grow. What would you like to know ? I do have to tell you that tomorrow afternoon I will be taking off for a weeks vacation. I have not gone into too much of the Wright genealogy because I have not been too lucky there. I do have Sarah's family line. Three of her brothers served in the civil war. They participated in several well know conflicts and I even have scanned pictures of Sarah and one brother Thomas.
If you get this in time and no one has written you with other info, please let me know.
Kristin kmgd66@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions